Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / pre-rendered back, with 3d model

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i know its been brought up before. actually since the earliest versions of DB as I recall.

I've searched it and found a thread on this, but i found it to be insufficient.

Where can I find out more, how games like FF7, Resident Evil work so well with 3d models in pre-rendered backgrounds....

I know this is possible in DB, but I just lack the information on the details in mixing the collision, static image, and the 3d model altogether.

Heres what I would try to do.

1) create a pre-rendered image of a hall way, looking down the hall.

2) create the same 3d room, same camera angle and position of the original pre-rendered image, set collision maps, but of course this is all invisible. Only, the pre=rendered along with 3d model appears in the final product.

3) move the 3d model around in this 3d room.

I dont know if this will work, some feedback would be nice! Has anyone tried a different method? let me know!
Dream And Death
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2006 10:51
Why set the collision maps from an invisible copy of the room? Set it from the visible!

Of course, this depends on what you are using for the collision!

"You get what everyone gets, you get a lifetime!" - Death, The Sandman Library

First you Dream, then you ... - Neil Gaiman, 2001
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
You seem to be doing it right. Collision boxes will work, or you can use an array for collision.

I wanna be a guru
Years of Service
User Offline
ok. does anyone know where i can find 3d studio tutorials on how to make hallways ?

also, does anyone still recall that demo someone wrote back in the days of db ? it featured a small sphere that moves about in a pre-rendered backdrop.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 03:30:58
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 03:30:58