Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What to get?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 08:56
This web site was recommended to me by a friend and I am very interested in what I see but don't know where to start. I know I want Dark BASIC Pro but I don't know what else I should get or need to go with it. Any help would be appreciated.

Computers are like air conditioners, they stop working when you open windows.
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2006 20:28
you dont really need anything else to start making decent games.

However if you go onto the dark basic classic board at the top you will find a thread called something like "Game programing kit for beginners" in there you will find loads of programs (A lot of them are free) to make your game programing experience a lot easier (And hopefully more fun).

My personal recommendations are.

Language:
Dark Basic Pro

Level editor:
DeleD editor (Its free)

Graphics program:
Blender 3D (Its free)

Hope this helps

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
TopGunSF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 05:03
Yes it does, thank you, I'm downloading a few of those tools as I type this. Now if I could only get the forum to let me update my profile so it wouldn't say I was in the UK anymore...

TopGunSF
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2006 03:34
Alright, I ordered DBPro and figure I may as well stick to other programs offered on this site so I can make sure everything is going to work well together and bother you all with my questions in the same forums.

The following is a list of tools I am wondering about getting. I would like your opinions on the different tools and whether or not you think they are worth getting. (A / inbetween two or more different tools indicated I am thinking about getting one or the other, not multiple, but feel free to suggest more than of the same class tool if you think that would be best.)

3D Canvas Pro/Gamespace ?
Action 3D ?

Texture Maker ?
ExGen ?

3D World Studio/Cartpgraphy Shop 4/T.Ed ?
gile[s] ?

Dark Voices ?
SFXEngine ?

Please let me know if you feel I do not need any of the above tools, which ones would be best to get, which ones are a waste, or if you believe there is an alternative tool somewhere that would do a better job. Thanks!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 03:36:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 03:36:08