Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Extends Expansion Pack and a .dll called MFC71

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I reinstalled july 4th upgrade and all my bought expansion packs, then it asked for the MFC71 dll.I downloaded it and I am still having problems with all programs. My question is why did I have to get the MFC71 dll and what is it. Is it causing my problems or something else and is any one else having problems with the new extends expansion pack or the upgrade.
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 12:42
What version of windows are you running? MFC are the microsoft foundation classes which should be included with your windows install.

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 15:55 Edited at: 17th Jul 2006 16:04
The problem is caused by File Blocks in the expansion pack. It may also be caused by other commands, but I have identified this one. It is **very** likely that this will be corrected soon, as it affects another TGC product that relies on it. TGC are aware of it, but it only came to light this morning

**EDIT** Sorry, I was referring to the expansion pack, not the Extends pack.

Freddix may need to update the extends pack to make a "static reference" to MFC71.dll, not a "dynamic reference". MFC71.dll is not part of Windows by default, but may be installed by Visual Studio written products.

Traney
Years of Service
User Offline
Cool thank you. I was concerned because all my programming went haywire. Didn't know if it was because i was running XP or the program.
Freddix
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 21:21
eXtends plugin does not use MFC so, it may not require it.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2006 22:53
What plug-ins do you use, Traney? And can you isolate different parts of the code to establish what is cauing it?

Twu Kai
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2006 18:03 Edited at: 18th Jul 2006 18:06
I had the problem with the MFC71 dll, I'm not sure it's the same problem though. Did you get an error window when you tried to start your progam? If you did, and it said something like not being able to find the dll, then it might be the same problem.

What I did was search (Using the search tool in the start menu) for the MFC71 dll, and copy it into the windows folder, or the system 32 folder, which is inside the windows one. I'm not quite sure.

If you're still not clear, try searching for "MFC71" in this and the DBPro board. I found out that I had to put it into one of those folders by doing so.

Felthenra-Cat. Hiss your way to freedom.
Traney
Years of Service
User Offline
Thats probably the same one.But I didnt start getting ask for it til recently.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 03:26:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 03:26:45