Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2006 11:23
here is a short demo of the game coming soon...
LINK
http://rapidshare.de/files/26148889/on_lockdown_demo.zip.html

J.Samson
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2006 11:45 Edited at: 18th Jul 2006 12:06
Downloading now,

I'll give you some feedback once it's downloaded.

EDIT: There seems to be an error on Rapidshare's side. It just takes me to the main page when I type in the verification code.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2006 23:24
If you have a paid account click that button or click the free button if you don't.

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Have to admit,,I really didnt care for it. Was too simple and too predictable. Try using some imagination and not just use the stock items that come with fpsc.

I am not trying to sound harsh or anything, just honest with ya. In order for you to really make something unique, you'll have to be able to make your own textures, your own segments and your own entities. Trust me, I know from experience..lol

Dont give up, just search yourself for something hidden, it will come out.
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 03:24
Stamina, I personally disagree, but it's all about opinion.

I find that it would be more than possible to make an interesting and unique game using mainly, or even mostly, stock items. It's all about level design--without it, you've got a bad game; even if you've got all custom, amazing media, a bad game is a bad game, period.

And CD, the problem wasn't that I didn't know where to go, it was that after click on "Free", and waiting for the 'Download Ticket', and typing in the verification code, it still took me back to the homepage. But anyway, it's working now, I'll edit this post once I've tried it.

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey Jiffy,,how old are you?
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 20:03
Quote: "Hey Jiffy,,how old are you? "

Looking for a date?

Yeah, you can make as good a game with the stock media as you can with original, maybe better if you can't make good content. I think it's just that everyone here has seen it too much. Take a stock game outside the forums and people won't know any better. It will all be new to them.

Crazy Grandpa
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 20:32 Edited at: 20th Jul 2006 20:34
ha ha ha,,,a date,,,lol,,that was good,,opened myself up for that one didnt I?

No, I just like to know if I am debating with a 12 year old, or someone of age...thats all..

All I am saying about this game is ..to the creator, dont be so eager to post something that didnt take much effort to create, with little imagination.
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 21:12 Edited at: 20th Jul 2006 21:13
jonathan samson,

Get a screen shot of your game or image of demo level download in here please.

Otherwise you risk this this thread getting locked.

Forum users should not have to download demos or game levels without at least seeing something of what they are likely to be getting.

Placing a good screen shot may also help you in getting more people like me to download.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2006 08:18
Uman's right.A lot of people won't download anything without a screenshot.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2006 13:51
I downloaded it, it lagged every time I met the enemies in a hall way, it was like a mini space station which led to a bio hazard window at the end.

I thought it might have been a wave based game for the contest.
Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 08:17
jonathan samson,

Greetings. DLed it. Played it. Nothing unique or special about this game. Seemed like just a random level that was thrown together.

There is no real challenge, and there doesn't seem to be anything being achieved or gained. Truth be told, it is rather boring, and I was relieved when I finally stumbled upon the Winzone.

On a positive note, the sight of the enemies pushing those big crates around was interesting. Was that intentional, or just a happy accident?

Do keep honing your skills. Learn to incorporate atmosphere, storyline, and player involvement into your games. They will improve dramatically.

Thanks,

Seth Black

"...I'm sorry, could you repeat your question a little louder? I'm a trifle deaf in this ear."

- Willie Wonka
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 12:49
dont post here it is old...

its only $1.95
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 13:51
Actually, unbelievably, Jonathon took the words right out of my mouth.

Seth, you arn't exactly new here, how could you mistakingly post in such an old thread?

Cheesy Good
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 22:51
I don't like downloading things unless people supply what the game is about. I will personaly will not waste my time if I see no story line. So please add one and maybe more people will try it.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 00:51:30
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 00:51:30