Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Few questions about making models for FPSC

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm new to FPSC and I'm wondering how to create own segemnts (for example segments with windows in it).

All I got is Milkshape 3D, Pohtoshop CS and FPSC + Entitiy Maker of course.

So here are my questions:

1. How can I create custom segments with custom textures?
(SignsII only offers to change textures of existing segments but i want to make complete new ones WITHOUT buying any programms?
Any tutorials? What programms are necessary?

2. I created a new entity model with Milkshape and applied a texture to it through Milkshape and saved it as .x file.
When I convert it with the Entity Maker, he asks me for the texture file. But the texture is already in the .x file. Isn't it?

I really hope someone can help me, i searched along here but I never found a info how to make own segments.
300 win mag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2006 17:53 Edited at: 19th Jul 2006 17:55
When you make custom segments and textures you haft to make the segment first and then make the texture. If you want a free programms I use Anim8or at http://www.anim8or.comit's free and vary userfrindley.

Now with Entity Maker,I don't know to much about it but I can help.Try to bring over the texture file when it ask you. If that dosen't work try to convrt the texture file into a Xfile and then bring it over when it ask you.

Hope this helped

fox86
Years of Service
User Offline
How can I put the texture on the finished segement then? (Which tool?)
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 00:54
uv map the object, this will kick out a .tga file open this in cs and then apply your texture. then save it as a .tga file and then in your modeling program open the image and apply to the uvmap to the object and then export it. save it as a mesh and then create an .fps file for it and then place it in the editor.

RF

fox86
Years of Service
User Offline
ok, i get that so far but i still have props with the segments.
when I use the segment maker of TGC with my selfmade meshes from Milkshape, everything is fine (I can add texture etc.) but when I save it, and i type in a save name and click OK he does not save it. No FPS file, NO texturefile is produced

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:27:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:27:06