Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Help!! Big problem with textures

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi! I have a big problem with the textures, and I´m sure that I´m doing something wrong
When I use a segment with a texture from FPS Creator (let's say "Military Base Full", which texture is "w_a_all_01_d2.tga"), everything´s fine. BUT when I use a new segment with my own model (X file created in 3D Canvas Pro) and I try to apply any texture to it, it doesn´t work properly (take a look at the image).

This is the FPS file from the segment

What do you think is going on??

P.S: It´s essential that I fix this problem, so any help will be very much appreciated!

The Cube is us

Attachments

Login to view attachments
gps
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 04:24
Have you mapped the UV coordinates on the new segment to match those of the old one? Sorry, I know that's a bit obvious, but I thought I better ask as I've no idea how 3D Canvas Pro works.

Cheers

- Graham

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Have you mapped the UV coordinates on the new segment to match those of the old one?"

What? I´m sorry but I don´t know what you´re talking about. What is this?

The Cube is us
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 19:05
that's probbably your problem right there. you need to uv map or skin (depending on what program your useing) a model before putting it ingame. You can't just throw in a box and hope for the best.

Cornik
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry guys. Now it works perfect! (I´m so embarrased... but all of this is new for me )

The Cube is us

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:39:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:39:17