Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Hello DB forums

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello. Me and my friend are really looking into game production and hope to get into college and shoot for a carrer in game production. We hope that you nice people at DarkBasic forums will teach us and help in our goal. Thank you, and I\\\'m gald to be here~
Jay Bee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 15:10
Greetings! Welcome to the forums, most people on here are very friendly and will help you provided you post in the right sections and search before you ask a question (something I neglected to do near the beginning).

If you are seriously wanting to get into games production, darkbasic is a good place to start as it is easy to learn. But, if you want to get into games production professionally, from a programming point of view, you will inevitably have to learn C++, openGL and/or DirectX, as you can't really make games up to the current commercial standard with darkBASIC. But as I say, it's a good place to start, despite knowing a lot of openGL and C++, I still play around with DB, just because its easy, and a helluva lot of fun.

Good luck

Your signature has been erased by a mod - 404kb is a little large, don't you think? Nope not really, but heh, ur the boss
Azu
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, that's why we're going to college for.
flock
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 17:57
Welcome and good luck! Do you guys have DBC or DBPro?

a.k.a. "flockhound"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 05:30:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 05:30:42