Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Horizon Sky Pack *Released*

Author
User Deleted
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 17:44 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2006 10:27
The Horizon Sky Pack is complete and ready for purchase.

The pack contains 16 complete Sky Boxes of the standard FPSC sky box quality. The pack is just over 5MB and contains a user manual giving instructions on installing and using the sky boxes.

Attached to this post is a .wmv video (1.48MB) presenting a few of the sky boxes within the FPSC test game interface.

For all the information on the pack, please visit Horizon Sky Pack page.

An important note about building your games:

If your skycubes do not appear in your built games ( and all what you see is black ), please follow the steps outlined in this document:

In order for FPSC to relocate your new skycubes you need to copy your chosen skybox(es) folder to your exported games skybank\HorizonSkyPack folder, for example:

Lets say I made a game using the "Ice" skybox. I build the game as a standalone EXE:

* First you need to open up your built game's skybank folder, typically "\FPS Creator\MyGames\YOUR BUILT GAME'S NAME\Files\skybank"

* You should see a folder called "HorizonSkyPack" but it will be empty, you need to copy the "Ice" folder from "FPS Creator\Files\skybank\HorizonSkyPack" into the "HorizonSkyPack" folder, within your built games skybank folder.

Then try your built game's EXE file, hopefully now you will see your skycube in the map, if you still see black then you need to follow these additional steps:

Locate your built games "setuplevel.fpi" file, you will find it here:

"FPS Creator\MyGames\YOUR BUILT GAME'S NAME\Files\languagebank\english\gamebank\mygame"

Open up the "setuplevel.fpi" file in notepad, the 4th/5th line down should start with ":state=0:sky=", this needs to refer to the folder name and location of the sky within your built games skybank\HorizonSkyPack folder.

Following the above "Ice" sky example, the 4th/5th line should read as:

":state=0:sky=skybank\HorizonSkyPack\Ice"

Edit this line so it points to the folder name of the sky cube within your built games skybank\HorizonSkyPack folder, Save the setuplevel.fpi, and try again.

This should resolve the issue, if it does not, please contact me.

http://www.wehtam.co.uk - Are you creative ? Artistic projects | Forum | Game media downloads

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 17:47
great work!

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 17:56
gratz on release

Whats a fps without the blood,guts,death,khaos,and disorder?
Sgt_BJ
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 17:57
My fave has got to be the 2nd one shown =D the hundreds of mountaions going off into the background looks so cool, great at £4! I would buy the 2nd one alone at that price if I could afford >.< lol

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe, AMD Socket AM2 4400 Dual Core, 2048mb PC5400 Ram, 2*Asus Nvdida 6600 256mb, Thermaltake Kandalf case =D
CAZ productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice work, i'll have to check it out more when i have a little money lol
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 19:02
great work I hope you sell many

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
HOLY CRAP!! That is some great work. They look like they were created in Bryce? Were they?
Benjamin A
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 21:02
Excellent work!

Quote: "They look like they were created in Bryce? Were they? "
I've used Bryce for years and these don't look Bryce-like. I would guess Terragen.

http://www.gamefun4u.nl/index.html
GameFun4U, the ultimate funtainment. Cool Games and Resources for your own games.
Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 21:25
Thank you all for the positive comments. To clarify, some are created using Cinema 4D ( obviously ) and some are created using Texture Maker Professional ( First Day Engine )

http://www.wehtam.co.uk - Are you creative ? Artistic projects | Forum | Game media downloads
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2006 22:21
Yay. You've got my cash!! Just sent you the payment.

It looks absolutely Wicked.

Really nice work... looking forward to this!

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 21st Jul 2006 10:48
Cheers Butter fingers, I sent you your details this morning.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2006 12:14
They look really nice Wehtam.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2006 16:14
Very nice pack; I like the green planet one the best (it would be good for space based levels).-?

-Keith:

Sinistar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2006 22:25 Edited at: 21st Jul 2006 22:28
Cha ching. There you go!
How did you make those planets?
Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 22nd Jul 2006 10:24
Everyone: I have modified my first post to answer a question which has been put to me, sometimes custom skyboxes will not show up in built games for 2 reasons, both of these are easy to resolve and are documented in my first post.

Sinistar: The planets are done in Cinema 4D, i just build up the layers, add some diffusion maps, a bit of fresnel here, a bit of environment map there, and it's done. Check out my galleries if you have the time, Space art is a favorite of mine

Space Art.

Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2006 14:15
Beautiful work - just made a purchase, looking forward to receiving the pack. And major kudos to you for including detailed and literate documentation. Hope very much you plan to create more packs.

Many thanks, and again, nice work.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2006 14:28
Ok, to all those wondering...

I bought the pack, and it looks wicked... moreover, Wehtam's customer service is excellent.

I'd recommend.

Peace

butters

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Wehtam_
User Deleted
Posted: 23rd Jul 2006 09:14
Thank you all for the positive feedback.

@ Kerithion, regarding new sky packs, I might create a new set in the future but i think next time I will have to set it around certain themes instead of a more generic approach. we'll see

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 22:24:08
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 22:24:08