Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Flashing Text / One line of text at a time problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 04:55 Edited at: 25th Jul 2006 04:57
So, I've already checked this topic, and it's the closest thing to an answer I have so far, but my code currently only seems to display one line of text at a time, causing a good deal of flashing from one line of text to the next. It only happens in the stuff I code, as the tutorials all seem to work just fine and stuff, but my own code always has this problem. An example of something I'm working on...

It's 2d text on a 3d world, and the problem happens even when the text ISN'T in front of the zdepth object. Do any of you guys know if this is something that's caused by my hardware, or if I can fix this code itself?

EDIT: DBC

Pineapple juice, the best drink ever made.
Getix Interactive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 07:58
you need to turn the backdrop off, or use text 0,0,"EXAMPLE". I use DBPro, so I don't know if that will help, but give it a shot.

What can games do for you?
www.getixinteractive.com
BLink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 19:06
Nope, neither of those work it seems.

Mickm
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2006 23:56
I believe it is caused by your Sync

You are SYNC'ing the program when you told it not to use sync. Sure you told it a rate but not to actually use the SYNC (draw off screen).

Online Flash Games and Guides .::. http://www.gamestack.org
Online Notebook .::. http://onlinenotes.gamestack.org
BLink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 04:59
...oh, heheh. I do dumb stuff like that kinda often, just forgetting a few minor standards when starting up a new piece of code. Looks like it would have worked fine if implemented into the real program then, ah well. Good thing I asked it in the Newbie section.

Anyways, thanks so much! I was afraid I might get stuck on this for a while.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 05:21:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 05:21:31