Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / church segment or a church model ?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 07:36
can and one post a church segment or a church model? i need it . help will be appriciated..!
SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 07:38
if anyone posts a church model , den can i make floors in it with segments or can i attach a door with dor entity which can be opened so dat i can go in??
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
If I am not mistaking, I think if you are asking for someone to make a "usable" church model is asking a lot, especially if your wanting to be able to use it like the prefabs that are premade. Plus I think the poly count could/would be ungodly,,pardon the pun...lol
SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 15:34
does anybody have it?
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 16:11
I just made a church segment myself and it looks very tasty, but here's what I would advise.

Go to the downloads page of FPSC and download the free segment maker.

then watch the tutorial videos that come with it. That will take 20mins of your life. After that, you can build absolutely any segment you want, and no-body else will have the same as you.

Plus then when you look at your level, you'll be so much prouder of your work, because you'll have done it all yourself.

I'm not being harsh to you, I just think that segment making isn't like modelling. It's very simple and very satisfying, and you cant ask people to make you every single new segment you're gonna need, so you might as well make your own.

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 21:28
that segment thing doesnt work, i put everything in the right flder, but there are no textures there.

2.4 Ghz P4 (non HT) Processor, 768 MB of (266 Mhz) RAM
EVGA GeForce 5700FX LE, (256 MB, 250 Mhz Core, 400 Mhz Memory)
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2006 21:40
considering how many people use the segment making program, I suspect the problem is with your input, not a problem with the program.

Make sure the textures you want to use are in the

texturebank\user\rooms\myroom folder

in the texture bank of the SEGMENT EDITOR, not the texture bank of FPSC.

you must also add :

_d2

to the end of the texture's file name.

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2006 06:07
There are also Signs II and III and Magic FPS if you want to make segments.
But learning how to use the segment maker will give you knowledge.

TheDude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 10:10
Hmmmm...You guys just gave me a golden idea.....HAHA, got it! Just have to wait til' I get off of work ....4 more hours to go <sob>. But just wait, i'll post screenies to show off my idea tomorrow. It's gonna be revolutionary!

Straight outta compton
SilverMasters
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 10:18
yea maan, show us ur work..!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:24:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:24:03