Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Ground and Sky

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
How do I create an sky where it seems limitless? (like a real sky)I tried the same with a ground, I tried using really big matrixes but it didnt work too well, I dont know how to do sky spheres/ boxes either. Help!
~War
GCEclipse
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 02:15
The approach I use is create a fairly large plain and then use fog so that in the distance the sky fogs into the backdrop.

GC
http://www.eclipsedevelopment.co.uk/
Succession: The Betrayal developer
Fluffy Paul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 15:01
To make a sky box/sphere you use MAKE OBJECT BOX or SPHERE and just make it really big - but not so big that it's larger than the camera range. Texture the box or sphere with a nice sky texture and whenever you move the player, move the sky object so that it's centered on the camera.

Spheres are a bit more tricky to use as just slapping a big square texture on them makes it look quite dodgy, at least on my computer.

Ending a sentence with a French word is so passé
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 17:36
with sky spheres make sure you make them a negative size or you won't be able to see them from the inside... then to make the world seem endless and you're game to still run fast try something like...

make object sphere [obj number],-1000
texture object [obj number],[texture number]
fog on
color fog rgb([red],[green],[blue])
fog distance 950
set camera range 0,1100

...make sure at the end of every Loop the sphere is positioned at the camera position... and change the numbers as much as you need to to get it to work for you're game...hope this helps...

Anyone Can Destroy...But Few Can Create...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:29:41
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:29:41