Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / moving around objects!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hey if i was making a first person game how do i make it so when i move the camera the guy also moves so that i am playing as that character???
thx for your help guys
Malimor
Years of Service
User Offline
hey another example would be how could i load a gun and make it move around with the camera these are 2 things i dont understand so far so any help will be usefull thx!!

John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 04:22
Make a dummy object, like a cube. Code movement for that, and position the camera at the objects coords, just a little above the Y coord.

Cheers!

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Tech Demo - Colan Island: Currently 716 Lines
Fluffy Paul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 15:04
With a gun I'd be inclined to position it in front of the camera through trial and error, then use the "LOCK OBJECT gunObjectNo" command. This way the gun moves with the camera and you don't need to add a single line of code.

Ending a sentence with a French word is so passé
GameKit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2003 17:27
if you wan't a third person point of veiw you should have the camera follow the character not the character follow the camera. But if you wan't a first-person point of veiw, just lock an object to the screen...Lock object [object number]...you will have to get the coodenents just right for it to look good...hope this helps

Anyone Can Destroy...But Few Can Create...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:37:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:37:43