Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 19:27
I dont think I could actually do this myself, tell me if Im wrong about this.
You can chose the shell model that comes out of some weapons. animate it as a flame, then make the weapon like a machine gun so, it fires continuasly. Give it infinite ammo. Make the speed of the flame really fast. Couldent you make a flamethrower?!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 19:32
Iam not sure how the shells work, but this is how I would make a flame thrower.

I would use a custom flak model or decal fire out of your gun. But you would only be able to have one shot per clip, so it would be more of a fire ball, not a flame.
Zeppelin 37BDF
Years of Service
User Offline
Higgins, that would still be pretty cool. If anyone has ever heard of a Napalm Launcher, its like a grenade launcher that shoots sticky and flammable liquid balls at enemies and catches them on fire.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 19:50
If fpsc had an upgrade for particles, then flame throwers would be possible, plus the added effect of enemies on fire.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 20:05 Edited at: 28th Jul 2006 20:05
you could do it useing the Machinegun and an accual 3d flame wich may look silly but then again may not. I say use machinegun because of its fast consumption of ammo, like fuel. St the range to be low too.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2006 20:57
OK. When I released my free weapons I tried to do a flamethrower.

here were my findings:

Flamethrower using flak.

Totally impossible. FPSC is actually very buggy when it comes to flak. As a simple test, why not try making the MP40 fire flak. it'll crash everytime on the 3rd shot. FPSC cannot support multiple flak on the screen at once. Also, explosions (dispite being editable in the FPE of the flak) are hard coded to the engine, so you cannot stop the flak explosing when it hits a character or wall. which makes the flame thrower impossible with flak (whoever heard of explosive fire? - i freaking dare anyone to say that would be cool)

Flamethrower using 3D fire mesh modelled as part of weapon animation

This is more plausible. Infact it looks ok. but not brilliant. This is probably the best way of making a flamethrower, but its still gonna look a bit poo. The modelled fire will react along with the rest of the guns lighting, so firing in the dark (with dynamic lighting turned on) will cause the flames to come out slightly darker. This could be worked around using the various shaders I guess. If you wanna try a flamer this is probably your best bet.

Flamethrower using Decal.

This too is possible. But to be honest.... I have no idea how to implement it!

Ok so there you have it. I really really wanted to make a flamer, but I couldn't do it. This is obviously not the "be all and end all" of the flamer debate, merely my contribution taken from (literally) hours of modelling and messing about.

peace

butters

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
well how do u make it part of the anim mesh?

Various Model Pack #1
Buy it now!! Only £3

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:24:42
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:24:42