Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / massive model pack idea

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok before i start this i cant model however this is not a request more a suggestion of an idea so please avoid having a go at me i have enough of that already

weapons:
Beretta M93
Beretta 92f
desert eagle
ak47
ak74
M90_Shotgun
HK_Shotgun
remington model 1100 shotgun
m4
m16
m14
Benelli-M4
mp5k-pdw
mp5
ump45
m9pistol
M1 Garand
Springfield '03
BAR
98 Mauser
303 Lee Enfield
Sturmgewehr 44,
the Ed Brown Special Forces
Springfield SOCOM 16
SIG 550
FAMAS
Luger Pistole 08 (9 mm Parabellum, 7.65 mm Luger)
GLOCK 17 (9 mm Parabellum)
GLOCK 22 (.40 S&W)
GLOCK 21 (.45 ACP)
Beretta 1934 (.380 ACP)
Beretta 92F/FS (9 mm Parabellum)
Beretta 96 (.40 S&W)
Browning Hi-Power (9mm Parabellum & .40 S&W)
Browning M1900 (.32 ACP, 7.65 mm Browning)
Browning M1911 (.45)
Colt Model 1900 (.32 ACP)
Colt Model 1903 Pocket Hammerless (.32 ACP)
Desert Eagle (.357, .44, .50 AE)
U.S. Model 1911/A1 (.45 ACP)
Ceská Zbrojovka CZ 75 (9 mm Parabellum, .40 S&W)
HK USP (9 mm Para, .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .357 SIG)
Intratec TEC-DC9 (9 mm Parabellum)
Kel-Tec P11 (9 mm Parabellum)
Kel-Tec P-32 (.32 ACP, 7.65 mm Browning)
SIG-Sauer P226 (9 mm Parabellum, .40 S&W, .357 SIG)
SIG-Sauer P210 (9 mm Parabellum, 7.65 mm Parabellum)
Raven Arms MP-25 (.25 ACP)
Smith & Wesson S&W Model 1006 (10 mm auto)
Smith & Wesson Model 39 (9mm Parabellum)
Smith & Wesson Model 59 (9 mm Parabellum)
Smith & Wesson Model 5906 (9 mm Parabellum)
Steyr Mannlicher (7.63 mm Mannlicher)
Walther PPK
Walther P99
Vis (9 mm Parabellum)
Makarov (9 mm Makarov)
Tokarev (7.63 mm Russian)
Heckler & Koch G3
knifes
crowbar
sword
spear

objects:
candles
tables
shop counters
kicthen objects like knifes and fridges
comics store counters no offical companys
mobile phone
new age phone
fences high security to low secruity
fences like the ones in jurrasic park
files
miltary statues
shop objects
boats
ferries

segments:
water
long grass
shop segments
bussiness building segiments
high containment areas
house like segements like mansion segments and country house segiments

characters:
velocioraptors
spinosaurs
t-rex
allosaurs
stegosaurs
more zombies in modern suits and clothes
modern day army

Hells Earth coming may 2007
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 07:11 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 07:12
Yes it would be great to have all that stuff, but do you realize the huge task it would be to create it to a high standard?

And how much would you expect to pay for it? Because if you're thinking anything less than $100 bucks than you can stop daydreaming, it ain't gonna happen. Hell, probably not even for $500. I'm not trying to "have a go" with you just stating simple reallity.

But by the way, if you're looking for zombies in modern casual clothes, there will be plenty of that in my upcoming character pack for FPS Creator, an absolute steal at $20.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 07:17
what did you do? Go through the encyclopaedia of firearms and copy out all the names?

HOLY Free HOLY, you really have no idea dude.

and finally, why ON EARTH do you think it would be a good idea for a model pack to have a whole troupe of dinosaurs? Dinosaurs are rubbish. I can't think of one good game featuring dinosaurs. ...

sorry I just read this..

GLOCK 17 (9 mm Parabellum)
GLOCK 22 (.40 S&W)
GLOCK 21 (.45 ACP)

Uh, not being over harsh, but those three guns look almost IDENTICAL. and by the time you've run the texture through FPSC they will be indistinguishable from one another. What would be the point in having all three? and why do we need to know the kind of bullets.

I'm sorry to be rude, but this is such a ridiculous post.

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 07:43

no comment

2.4 Ghz P4 (non HT) Processor, 768 MB of (266 Mhz) RAM
EVGA GeForce 5700FX LE, (256 MB, 250 Mhz Core, 400 Mhz Memory)
Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 09:48
Idea of Jurrasic Park is good

SIXOFT - This is not just a game, this is a SIXOFT game.
badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
capcom made a massively successful dsinosaur game called dino crisis they used the resident evil game engine

badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 10:43 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 10:47
@bond1 thank you for the advice on the zombies oh and from what i have seen of your modelling your very good
@butter fingers dinosaurs games that have been produce so far have almost all been a hit dino crisis was the biggest.oh and good work and thanks for your moddelling

both of you are great help to the community

Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 11:04
yes, badger king
good idea with dinosaurs

SIXOFT - This is not just a game, this is a SIXOFT game.
Samuli
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 13:31
I want 1 000 000 euros, but I can't have it. No-one will make them for free. Offcource if evryone in this forum, who have ever modelled start to model thease, it can be done. Indeed I'd like to have thoise all.
badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
it was a suggestion for a model pack not a request ywes i would like them but i would pay the person who made them like everyone else would have to

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 14:16
Ill do it all over a 10 year period in my own time, for an up front charge of £10,000.
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
You do? Thanks man that is so cool...!!! Really... And just for 10 Pounds!!! Man I'll definately buy thatlol
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
mmmmm model packs however ambitious or profitable

lead down a certain road

and that is all the games look the same

eg the same toilet in your game is proberly the same toilet in a thousand other games

and believe me if any of you guys ever have ambitions of using fpscreator to create a commercial quality

game it wont happen if you sharing toilets if you get my drift

http://lovetrail.virtualdatingagency.com/index.php
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 16:25
Well if every one is sharing the same toilet, I guess every one will have the same germs am become very ill, very fast.

But yeah, having the same stuff makes every ones game look the same. Thats why I would love to do private work and charge over £50 for it, yeah, thats just one model. You have to wake up and realise that 3d media doesnt cost pennies.
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 16:31
I am making a model pack that will contain about 10 of those guns. They will be fully animated and textured on sale at the reasonable price of £10. I could make all those gun models that you suggested but it would probably take me a year and they wouldn't be animated.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com. Register and expand our community. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "hey idiot it says 10 grand not 10pounds and he wus being sarcastic"

Some people are just so dumb... I don't know if you realize I was Sarcastic too... If you weren't I'll tell you now that I was...
Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
butterfingers u weirdo there's sum real gd games with dinos in there not rubbish u r.

theres dino crisis 1, 2, 3 andim thinkin of makin 4, turok evoulution, numerous jurassic park games such as the lost world and operation genesis, and tonnes more

so you haven't been updating urself with latest games!!!

badger the model pack you suggested would be brilliant although, as butterfingers said, the glocks are all pretty much the same so only have one.

how much would it go for, £45? sounds decent at £30

C:\Documents and Settings\Schmimple\My Documents\My Pictures\doom4.jpg
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 17:51
Hey Phlum

Let us consider our market here. How many games can you think of featuring Dinosaurs that have been made using FPSC? Infact, how many requests for dinosaurs do you see on the models and media forum?

Not so many.

So If you're gonna spend hours and hours modelling something for a pack, you want it to appeal to the widest audience (otherwise you've wasted your time), so making a pack with a whole load of dinos is a waste of time if there are only a few people willing to PAY for a dino pack.

that's why dinos are rubbish.

any hey thanks for calling me

1) Rubbish
and
2) Weirdo

I guess after all the stuff you've given to the community, and time you've put in investigating FPSC, it's only fair that you can judge me like that.

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 18:22
The discussion of "Model Packs" has been hashed before and crow34 makes a good point. When model pack 2 came out, all the games in the showcase suddenly had tiled floors, bathrooms, and ceiling fans, each exactly the same.

Model packs are better in some cases than others and some entities are better suited for them, such as weapons and other common items that should remain the same across the board. People tend to build their games based on what is available to them. If someone puts out a dinosaur pack, then there will be a rash of dinosaur games in a WWII or space environment.

If you want to make a good game, based on an original idea, you will need segments, textures and models designed specifically for it. I don't think you're going to get the community to build these things for you whether you pay or not. It's kind of like going to the flea market to furnish your home. You may get it done, but none of it will look like it belongs in the same house. It's not just the type of model, but the appearance of the model. When you put a clean, fresh bed in a dirty, run down apartment, it's just not believable.
Well, I could go on-and-on, but I think the bottom line is; As long as you are dependant on others to make your game, you are severely limited to what you can accomplish. FPSC is a tool, and a good one, if you can work with it as well as other programs to accomplish your goals.
Just my two cents.

Crazy Grandpa
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 18:29
Also, if you go around buying model packs, you are going to end up having different styles of modelling. It wouldnt look very good.
crow34
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 19:06 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 19:29
i think model packs are swamping this forum no matter how you look at it you want a commercial quality game you got to put the time and effort in to creating the media yourself

not to knock anybody who has done a model pack i wish you guys every success

but i think the most successful model pack would be something that dident look like a thousand others would sell well

if the models were provided in raw 3ds format that could be retextured this might be a long way to help

failing that neutral objects such as

broken walls

rubble

telegraph poles

debris

pipes and sewer pipes

dyamic building shells

crates

brackets

Rail tracks

black bin bags

new paper decals

blood stained walls

higgins jail segments (now thats what i call a good start!!!)

and of course my personal favourite broken windows

and two untextured characters so different textures can be applied

level building blocks get it!!!

eg a model pack that would make level building more dynamic and give it a more professional look and not make every thing go the same

a quick tip to all you model pack builders out there

think broken blown up and easily textured and of course DEAD THINGS ARE FANTASTIC and you would make a huge profit

asking for a pack with 100 guns in it is just not feasable and would add to the crapness of the final game

http://lovetrail.virtualdatingagency.com/index.php
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 19:56
Quote: "if the models were provided in raw 3ds format that could be retextured "

That's why I included all the UV Maps with my pack. You can re-texture any model in .X format, you just have to either remake the UV Map (unless the UV map shows up in your unwrapper), or paint over the existing texture map.
I also included a few crates that were left blank (no labels or stenciling) so you could put in your own labels, etc.

It took me a little bit longer to do the textures for the crates becasue I actually paid attention to where the grains of the wood were going, etc.

Like we've said before here; people in these forums seem to think that models (no matter how good they are) should be either free or very inexpensive. Try to post a free list ike this in the Torque forums (not trying to come down on you, Badger King), and see what the responses are.

-Keith

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 20:01
The responce would most likely be him compacted into a waste bin and rolled down the biggest hill the torque guys can find. Heh, thats how I see it.

You just dont ask for so many models and suspect it to be cheap or free. Thats one way you can find your self on my enemy list, so never ask me to make models for free.
Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 20:14
I'm making a gun pack with...7 of those guns (all WWII). It will be full textured and animated but other things keep coming up stopping me from finishing the modelling. So far, i have 9 guns modelled:
Lee Enfield (scoped version will be included)
M1 Garand
Luger
MP44
BAR
Sten Gun
Springfield 1903 (scoped version will be included)
K98 (scoped version will be included)
PPSH

With all due respect, thats alot of guns to make, texure and animate and its easier if several people just make their own packs with some of those guns in than a huge pack. It would cost ALOT too.
AE

Havok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 20:38
Ha, people who say they suck at modeling can't get people to make four guns animated and FPSC ready, so you think someones going to do over 60? Yea right.

I know Karate, Kung Fu, and 47 other dangerous words...
Sunflash
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 22:05
It seems to me that almost everyone who has responded in a rude way to Badger King (although he has remained very polite) have assumed that he is expecting the suggested model pack to be very inexpensive. If you would reread his post, you would see that he never actually mentioned a price. In fact, I think if such a pack was made (excluding guns that look almost identicle, as pointed out by Higgins), poeple would be willing to pay 100 pounds or so. Of course it would be worth so much more, you have to think about the want for such a large pack.

One of the reasons TGC's model packs were such a success is because they sell quality stuff for such a cheap price, this appeals to the viewers so much, that, in the end, TGC gets LOADS more customers, thus making everyone happy, increasing the attention TGC from potential customers, and building a... somewhat strong community. Then when TGC releases a new pack, there is plenty more people that want to it.

I hope I made this clear because I'm currently REALLY tired and about to leave. But in summary, if you lower the price of a wanted, and usually very expensive product with high demend, you will, in turn receive a greater profit.
-Sunflash

badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
@higgins i never requested them i said it was an idea

@sunflash thank you for being able to reconise what i am saying

@havok you have completly got what this forum is for wrong they are not requests just suggestions

@avenging eagle thanks for infomation

@everyone i am thinks of making a website with a link to all the fpsc model packs when i do i will start a thread

MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice list... I'll have a go at some of the objects... Not the weapons, and surely not the characters... But I'll have a go at these objects... Not all... But
badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
starmaart good for you i would release a object pack if i was you

MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd prefer making one first
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Well,,I have created in my model pack a large electric fence with warning lights. See pic attached. Pack to be released in 2 weeks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
In game shot 1

Attachments

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Screen shot of a close up of the warning light

Attachments

badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
nice work i would just put one more wire in between each

oh and here is a good idea you could make a broken fence or an attacked fence but what you ask velocioraptor

Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
Well,,in keeping with FPSC limited poly issue, thats all there is going to be, besides,,with the instructions that I will put with the fence, more wires is not needed for it to be effective in the game. Stay tuned, you'll see what I meen.

And there are 4 version of the fence in the pack. Each 1 different for different scenarios.

Appreciate the suggestion though.
badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
i just thought that thing could be crawled between the wires but with the signs it will look fine it looks like the ones in jurrasic park
well done

MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 23:00 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 23:02
Hmmm... How does this look as the comic store counter (HAS NO BOOKS YET)

or A bit more diagonal?

Attachments

badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 23:02 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 23:03
it looks perfect for a shop item thing you could put anything on it like food or medicine and it would look good

two people listened to what i said

MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 23:48 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 23:49
And this's da first Comic store counter

How does it look?

Lot of the same books but you won't take note of that (I think) in-game

Attachments

badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
that is flipping good

Smitho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2006 23:06
Hahahaha, aw man that was funny

Weeee
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
thats a lot to do o wow well i am gana start in the destert egal with cock back action tomorrow

I like cereal
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
i will start on the desert egal tomorrow

I like cereal
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
i am working on a dester egeal right now it wil be ready in liek 2 days it is animated

I like cereal
Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2006 17:34
So tomorrow, are you going to post it?

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 10:29:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 10:29:54