Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Dos console thingy DBP

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys im wondering if anyone would have any tips for writeing a dos style console window, you know when you type it moves up a line etc etc im makeing a simple hack sim and how to do this totally eludes me thanks. (also in that how would you make it reconize multiple commands per line ex. connect bob.com i can make it reconize connect but not the bob.com part)

The end is near
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 06:23
you need to have it just 'cls' before printing the new line.

My current savings for the PS3 is: $486.00 out of $600 !!!
Jenqui
Years of Service
User Offline
I know how to clear the screen and everything i want it like in dos where it moves to a new line and has a back buffer. But I dont know how to code it.

Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 14:23
For the console, I'd have an array of strings, one for each line. You store the values of what was typed in the array, and you scroll through the array. I think DBP supports queues, which will let you do this easily.

As for your second question, you could use mid$ to step through your string, and find the first instance of the space character " ", and then process what comes after that.

Jenqui
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks Kentaree ill try that now all I need to do is figure out how to use arrays been putting it off =P.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 05:20:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 05:20:43