Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / free (dynamic)ladder entity

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
[center]

i need a dynamic ladder entity
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 12:40
how about saying please and then you might find one and Uman had one but you can have jump up it and i cant be bovered to dig it up for you!!

if u had a soul you wold help me if im down but if you loved me you would kiss my bruises better, and if i love u... i would never let u go Emily h
badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
yer trust no one on here gives models for free unless they are extremilly kind
i am planing on taking up modelling yes i know a long time coming but when i do my model packs will be free or extremilly cheap

Hells Earth coming may 2007
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 14:10
I have a ladder, but, no it is not free, but you can climb up it.
bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
Here i found the link for uman's ladderhttp://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=70964&b=26
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 15:45 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 15:46
Ladders in FPSC are hard to make in certain respects. They do not work very well when they are vertical but they work Okay when they are at an angle.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com. Register and expand our community. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 16:55
Quote: "i need a dynamic ladder entity "

You can make the entity dynamic within the editor. Umans ladder works fine. It is slightly angled to allow the player to jump/climb it.

Here is an FPSC ready wall mount type ladder and it can not be climbed by any means that I have tried. Anyway, it was my first model, and the texture sucks, but you are welcome to it if you think you can do anything with it.

http://www.xplosys.com/fpsc/ladder.zip

Crazy Grandpa
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 18:33 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 18:35
As a quick overview.

The kind of traditional ladder you know and see in games which might usually sit tight against a wall and may be of any length that a player can simply move up perfectly by pressing a single key are not currently possible inside FPSC due by and large to the introuduction of the current Physics engine.

A ladder of sorts can be made and it could vary in its quality and style.

As an example the ladder I made and distributed can indeed be made to sit at 90% to the horizontal plane though the one I released is around 15% off as the more acute the angle the harder it is to get up - the greater the angle fron the true vertical the easier it is to get up and eventually it can ideed just be walked up easily though it then becomes a staircase and not a ladder as expected in the traditional sense.

When not at true 90% verticle angle then it becomes increasingly problematical if one would need to stack the ladder over muultiple tile heights as the more you stack the more the bottom of the base one would have to move away from any wall placed against - again eventually this becomes more a staircase than a ladder.

Currently one might be able to achieve a perfectly vertical ladder that could be stacked or alternatively one long ladder if one could script a workaround overcoming any problems of physics and gravity associated with the upward/downward player movement and the use of a key.

That will not be easy and anyone is welcome to have a go.

Personally I am quite happy to use current ladders as a temporary fix and await a fix to the issue by TGC which hopefully will be seen in a update.
If that does not happen then it may be worth users experimenting further to find a good solution.

Currently I dont think its worth the effort or possible end result until we see what TGC do.

Thats about the situation as it stands.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 22:43
Smitho,

I just deleted your last post containing use of offensive words.

Please dont do it again or you wont get off so lightly.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
Stamina
Years of Service
User Offline
byte me...I have aluminum ladders coming out in my pack in 2 weeks. 3 different types. Unfortunaly, I am unable to make them dynamic for 1 reason or another. Maybe if I can get a little assistance from someone, I can have them dynamic.

Either way, you can clumb up and down them with no problem.

I'll let you know soon if I can get them dynamic.
badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
like is said in the other thread buy or pay someone to do it

Hells Earth coming may 2007

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:31:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:31:43