Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / request thread 2

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 23:23 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 23:36
the old one was stopped because i typed 7 stars i am going to report to the game creators board

anyway this for all your request print them here to clean up threads

oh and i want none of unrelated questions or requests
i would like to say to uman i does not say in the rules i cant have two threads there not even related

Hells Earth coming may 2007
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 23:34
this will never solve anything, for you see, even those with a good mind to help people, would absolutely HATE to have to read through pages of a thread to find requests, rather than one offs.

in addition, the main purpose of such a thread would be heavily abused, for instance, someone running in and saying i need this and that, then when a kind person finally gets to making their request it may be too late, or even the person who requested it, has moved on and doesnt care. i could guarentee you would hit this problem too many times, with people thinking that "oh, a request thread, a place to get all the models i need, and quickly" but it wouldnt, it would just grow and grow with spam

not to rip off your idea, but you have said this once, and it hasnt worked, obviously there must be a reason for that

badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2006 23:37 Edited at: 30th Jul 2006 23:38
i am also thinking of modellers jon they can look to see what people want

badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
the reason it didnt work was because people spammed it and a mod shut it down for no reason

badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
no critsism just requests

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2006 03:29
Quote:
"the reason it didnt work was because people spammed it and a mod shut it down for no reason"

There was a reason.Uman gave you a reason.People will spam this thread too...or flame you.I will tell you why.

People request free stuff all the time.Unfortunately,for some reason,those same people don't look up in the resources sticky to see if what they want might be in there.They don't search the models and media forum to see if they can find it.They don't try making it for themselves.
Now not every request falls into those catagories but most do.
Here are some other interesting facts:
People post a request for something that is one the same page and one to two post away from where they post their request.
People post requests for free animated weapons and characters.While this does not bother me what does bother me is that some members think we can just go to the animated magic character factory and whip one up.
Another thing that bothers me is that some members don't understand that it takes time to model,texture and animate something.
While it is nice that people donate free stuff to the FPSC community time is still money.
Then after someone posts an animated weapon or character then they want the pickups or ammo entities or in the case of a character a different texture.
If someone has posted a free animated weapon you can make your own pickups in minutes with the free FPSC entity maker.Just specify the new weapon's filepath.
In the case of wanting a character to look different have a go at amking your own texture.
I don't mean to rant and rave.I am just trying to point out that all of these request threads have turned into flamebait.All of them.
And people who have posted free stuff may resent these threads since some of the forum members like Higgins went to a lot of trouble to post free stuff and make sure it was all in one thread so people could find it.Then the people don't even look at the stickies before they post a request.There is a reason the stickies are there.
I am sure a mod will have to lock this thread sooner or later.

BTW and maybe most importantly the decisions of the mods are not up for debate.
If you have a problem with a mod then we have e-mail addresses.I respond to all reasonable e-mails.
Mod decisions are not up for debate...

Quote:
"This forum is moderated by TGC employees and trusted members of the public. By using these forums you automatically agree that they cannot be held personally responsible for any actions arising from these forums. You agree that moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of the AUP, along with generally accepted nettiqute standards, and can take action against those who voilate these rules."

The mods have a reason for everything they do and it is not up for debate.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2006 03:43
Badger, just give up already. Stop posting these threads, all you are doing is making more junk for the server to eat. You said you wanted to help clean the boards up, well stop posting your junk.
Phlum
Years of Service
User Offline
i trust badger!!!

although it would be cool if he had a pic.

i need a zapper ray gun and an alien to go with it if thats ok?

Various Model Pack #1
Buy it now!! Only £3

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 00:26:26
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 00:26:26