Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Can some one tell me which files i need to use for my characters? plz

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 02:18
Can some one tell me which files i need to use for my characters? plz

I only know 2 of the files i need to use. But can some please tell me exactly which files i need to use to make a file. Because I'm renaming and puting the files in a brand new folder so some please help and I can take the rest from there.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 02:28
Writing that out was easier then looking in the sci-fi/characters folder?

Come on man...your a media company. Lets see a lil of that "Red Raven" ingenuity and cutting edge design.
Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 02:38
well i know where the files are but there's so many so i don't know which ones i need to make atleast one or two models so my one man company is halted right now. So which ones do i need to make a full working charater? I only know the skin and the info. not the actual working model files
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 03:36
It's people like you thats going to be my end here. I mean theres only so much people can stand and I'm not the type of person to sit back and shut my mouth up with the flood of these waste of space threads.

Looking up the term "character" in the dang( and I didn't mean dang but I'm probably on the verge of being kicked outta this place for answering moronic threads) search provided me with many listings. From those listing I can download a character and see what files it takes even if I'm to stupid to realize that everything with the same name in the FPS folder probably governs the same character.

You new people, and theres like 6 of ya I've seen, have got to tighten up.

Were not going to spoon feed you all the answers when your questions been asked 1000 times before.

Were not going to spoon feed you all the answers when this site provides you with a search engine.

Were not going to spoon feed you all the answers just because your new here.

Were not going to spoon feed you all the answers because your to lazy.

Were not going to spoon feed you all the answers because of your lack of problem solving section in your brain.

Were tired......Were fed up......
It's not all your fault...But your also not part of the solution. You people have to learn to read and to fit into a community. And you fit in by observing others reactions. Don't be so self centered to think that were all here to make your life easier. We don't care if you ever make a game.....Really, we don't. When we see someone ask a question we all know has been covered a billion times, that tells us you think your better then we are and that you can't be bothered with any type of research or a learning curve. As long as you get your questions answered all will be good and just in this world since everything rotates around me anyways. And since all of us, as your minions, will now spew forth what our god asks of us cause our whole existance here is only justified knowing we've made your life that much easier...

Hitting a search button?....Why don't you let me get that for you my lord. I am but a humble servant.

.load
Quote: "
// Desc: keeps entities nose in player-A's rear,
function player_tip()
{
MY._MOVEMODE = 0; // suspend normal movement action and pay attention to Red Raven Media rear
nose_height_up.Z = nose_height_up; // store original nose height
while(MY.ROLL < 80)
{
MY.ROLL += 8 * TIME;
MY.TILT += 2 * TIME;
if(nose_height_up > 0.15)
{
nose_height_up -= 0.1 * TIME;
}

if(client(Red Raven Media)_moving==0) { move_view(); }
wait(1);
}
MY.ROLL = 80;
MY.TILT = 20;
nose_height_up = nose_height_up.Z; // restore original nose height"

OK, that should keep me kissing butts.....I forgot for a second why I'm on this forum, but I'm OK now.......
Red Raven Media
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 04:23

Maybe I'll just randomly keep trying untill i get it right after reinstalling FPSC 36 times, then I will learn the true cycological meaning of skinning in FPSC
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 15:46
i think the answer is...

load the .dds file ending with "_D2" into your image editor (may not work, you may need a plugin for photoshop, or paintshop pro, or gimp)

thats the main texture for characters (atleast without shaders) just edit that to reskin the model

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 18:28
Wow that one hell of a moan Locrian maybe you should take a holiday or something

The world is complicated only people are simple

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:37:06
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:37:06