Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [LOCKED] dead demo

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 14:51
screenies!!

if u had a soul you wold help me if im down but if you loved me you would kiss my bruises better, and if i love u... i would never let u go Emily h
Jiffy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 15:23 Edited at: 1st Aug 2006 15:51
C S Higgins is right, Screenshots, please!

And here's a tip: Never, ever say that you're own game is "pretty cool" or a "good game". At least, if you do, it'll make people think that it is, actually, really bad, and that you're only saying that to get people to download it.

It may also help to give some background info on the game, including the story, the characters, etc. You don't need to go overboard like you could say I have on my site (if you want to check it out, do so--yes, I'm not afraid to do some ruthless promoting ), but just give us a bit of an idea what the game is about.

Oh, and when posting screenshots, do so in JPEG, please.

EDIT: Well, I downloaded the demo and I have to say that there are some serious problems, both in gameplay and general flow.

Here are some simply laid out pointers:

- WAY too much blood! It slows down the framerate, it looks ugly, and it's basically just worthless and unnecessary. Also, some of the blood splatters are mysteriously floating. Again, it's incredibly ugly and there's also the factor that nothing would ever make so much blood.

- There's a really annoying man-made glitch at the beginning of the first level. You've placed a whole bunch of physics-enabled boxes into an enclosed area that is too small for them--they constantly rattle and bog the framerate.

- Try to vary your enemy type! There's more than one type of zombie with different types of guns included with FPSC, but you've stuck with the pink-skinned one with the Heavy Weapon--vary it around a bit. Granted, there were two Conkers, but you still need to shake things up a bit.

- You also haven't added walls where doors are, so there's minimized culling and therefore slower framerates. Level 2 had a reasonable framerate, but try to fix this.

- Seperate enemy placing. Near the end of level 2, you have about 7 enemies on screen, which is simply too many. The framerate goes to a slow, agonizing crawl and its just annoying.

- There's some more man-made glitches with the walls and ceilings. It looks like in some places you've put other walls on top of others, so those walls flicker between the two (very different) types, which gets annoying.

- Your choice of segments is a little odd. You've got a WWII style foyer segment with a military-type ceiling, and Sci-fi segments. It simply doesn't make sense.

- Finally, turn off dynamic objects whenever possible. In other words, in your case you don't need a SINGLE dynamic object, savor the items and enemies. It'll increase your framerate drastically.

Evil has a new name. Demo out now!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 19:22
Quote: "There's a really annoying man-made glitch at the beginning of the first level. You've placed a whole bunch of physics-enabled boxes into an enclosed area that is too small for them--they constantly rattle and bog the framerate."

If he had given you the story line, you would have known that this was a shipment of Mexican Jumping Beans that has just been placed in storage.

But I guess there was no way you could have known that.

Crazy Grandpa
blaze908
Years of Service
User Offline
i think i bought some of those beans. I wonder when theyre gonna be sent here.

Will that be chicken or fish?
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 19:48
Upload screenshots as soon as possible.Why people don't upload the screenshots then upload the demo link is beyond me.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 21:33
You need to upload your pics in .jpg or .png format.
For the record I know you are trying to upload pics so it's all good.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 21:50
Yes upload some screen shots please.

Rather quickly.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 21:54
He tried to upload one but it didn't take.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2006 22:18
Hey FredP, there's an edit button y'u know... (joke)

AE

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 13:49:25
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 13:49:25