Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Trees and Vegitation in FPSC...?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 01:43
Well....

How come these programs That I bought dont use the whole .X file in a buildable game...I get WHITE trees and bushes...

I am a NOOB...

Why does the test Game read the textures from a .X file but when you compile a game it doesnt read the Textures...?

This is A BUG...Should have been reported in the Beta stage and since I betatest Many Programs for a few 3d programs I think this is a Major bug and needs to be fixed NOW...

I am at the point that at leaste a Tutorial should be written for us noobs on getting this Product into FPSC...I have spent alot of money thru TGC with several Programs and not one of them does what it says it does...

And if they want us to use OUTSIDE programs like Entity maker and other programs then they need to add it to the Description page,They need to come out with a freakin Tutorial...No ifs and BUTTS about it...

When I purchased the EA version these little quirks were supposed to be fixed on the release version and they are not fixed...

Am I upset...YES

Am I looking for a way around the limitations...Yes

But BOTTOM line these need to be addressed,I sent an e-mail to support and THEY wanted to know the steps I was Takeing to get my Tree's into the engine...

I shouldnt have to TAKE STEPS THE SOFTWARE SAYS IT WILL WORK AND It DOESNT...

As Always B3D....www.fnggames.com

bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 02:33 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2006 02:34
woah calm down! know one knows what your problem is when you flip out like that. Please explain calmly. also it's probably your x file not the program. It works for every one else

"Sharp like blades"
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 02:40
Hmmm....DBP compiles Dark Basic code....FPSC, point and clicks a game together. Seems the software dose what it says to me.

And someone warm up his bottle and change him so hes not so cranky.
foleypro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 03:22
Can you use Treemagic 2 / 3 trees in a Buildable game....?

Can you use Plantlife in Fpsc...?

Does FPSC let you use/wield 2 weapons at a time...?

foleypro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 03:28
Loc...

Been doing this for a few years now...When ya say something will work and it doesnt then that is a bug....

Now I betatest for several major 3d programs an when we say something will work then we say what we mean...

Here it seems only a few canget everything to work..

I am just asking for a COMPLETE TUTORIAL for all Noobs..

Me included...

Am i going far and beyound the control point...Hell yes because I have to go Way and Beyound the begginner stage...

But I thought that was what this program does makes it EASY for a NOOB...

bob momento
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I am a NOOB"
then
Quote: "Been doing this for a few years now"
ok so your a noob first and now your not a noob because your trying to show up locrian. You just made your self look even stupider by contradicting your self. Try giving people some respect and we might try and help you.

"Sharp like blades"
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 05:01
he didn't contradict himself.

he just said he had been in games a few years but was new to FPSC.

Everyone seems to be getting very upset.

When you build your game, open the folder in your built game's file structure, where the foliage is located and paste the textures into the folder. When you build the game, for some reason it doesn't save a multi textured object, but you can just copy the textures into the folder.

And I don't want you to get angry, it's not a bug. FPSC supports any .x file model, but TGC assume that if you are adding your own custom media, you will be UV mapping your model and only using one texture, therefore it doesn't support multiple textures.

So it's not a bug. Because it does support inport of custom media, the bug arrises when you add media that isn't to the specification of the engine.

"It's often better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you're an idiot, than to open it and confirm their suspisions" - Noel Coward
dark heart
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 05:12
tell us what the texture location looked like in your entity's fpe.

-btw, an fpe is found right next to your entity in the file, and can be opened with text editor (just in case)
Quote: "I am a NOOB...
"
and just copy the text next to the thing marked "texture ="
and by the way, the word is newb. i wish i knew how it became noob,
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 05:16 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2006 05:25
FPSC can be a tricky program to get things to work correctly in at the best of times for a variety of reasons and that does include in some instances relative bugs or issues but far from exclusively.

I can understand users frustratiions working with any engine as we all can suffer from the same difficulties.

That being said - having a go at the developers or letting off steam at the forum does in itself not change a great deal. Though it may make an individual feel a little better momentarily.

The problems or issues will still remain and if we are to overcome them then then a calm approach is more likely to do the trick than might otherwise be the case.

As to any real issues or bugs attached to TGC products - unfortunately any that exist wont be fixed until and if TGC get around to fixing them and theres little anyone can do to change that. TGC are unlikely to drop what they are doing immediately to provide a fix for any particular software product.

We all have to wait for fixes or an update if and when they come or otherwise live with what we have and put up with it and develop with what we have or not as the case may be.

Butter fingers,

A very helpful reply and explanation - almost certainly the reason for the texture issue in this instance

foleypro,

There is some information around in threads regarding texture issues inside FPSC - not sure if they would be of any help - you might consider doing a search and see if you find any helpful answers in them.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
foleypro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 05:50
Wow...

As a Nooob...?
I am stilwondering what your all are saying...?

foleypro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 05:54
Whether I find my answers or NOT IS NOT WHAT The issue is...

Its about helping the Noob on making a game...

foleypro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 05:55
Its supposed to be an EASY task for a joe off the street right...?

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 05:55
My trees work just fine.

foleypro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 05:56
On a buildable game...?

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 05:59
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 06:07 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2006 06:22
foleypro,

Butter fingers,

reply and explanation is almost certainly the correct reason for your predicament.

If you are new to FPSC - put simply I hope - though I dont use tree magic so I dont know exactly how it works though I belive I know how it does :

1.In Tree Magic you are required to use more than one texture for a model. Say one for the trunk and one for the leaves.

2. By default FPSC expects a model to have a one piece texture containing the Trunk and Leaf texture combined into a single image.
Thus when you load your model into FPSC it only loads one texture - normally the first named in the model file embedded information onto the model. Leaving one of the textures out which is why you have a texture missing.

To overcome this you need to :

1. Either get a one piece texture made up (refered to as a Skin). You may need some experience to do this.

2. Alternatively - search the forums for threads realting to getting more than one texture applied to a model inside FPSC - Try searching for Multiple Textures. Thats probably easier if you are inexperienced at modelling and skinning.

There are some recent threads here posted particluarly by "Reality Forgotten" "RF" concerning the issue. Personally I have not used the method and dont know the exact link off hand - someone will and if you are lucky will post the link here.

Dont worry - with luck you will get a fix for your problem and you will be soon filling up FPSC with a forest of trees.

Hope that helps.

And by the way relatively speaking - in terms of making games which is very difficult and complex by any description or understanding of the undertaking - getting trees into FPSC successfully is indeed relatively easy.

If you are serious about making computer games then you will need to be prepared for many such difficult tasks to come if you are to be successful no matter what software or game engine you wish to call upon.

Using FPSC despite any difficulties is about as easy as it gets for a person with little experience to make any kind of computer game.

FPSC is the easiest and only product that exists that will allow a person with little or no experience to make a complete computer game in a very short period of time using the product as is out of the box.

If you want more than that then I am afraid that you will have to expect to put in a lot of effort and encounter many such problems down the long hard road to making a more advanced game using external products in support of that.

Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 06:22
@Butter Finger
I say hurrah to ya man....I don't have will to retype junk that's been discussed 1000000 times. I also don't do well with crying and find sarcasm much more suited these threads. I mean If the guy read he'd be able to make the trees work. Most everyone here knows how to do it.

@Uman,
I only disagree with one part:

Quote: "That being said - having a go at the developers or letting off steam at the forum does in itself not change a great deal. Though it may make an individual feel a little better momentarily"

It's not that it doesn't change a great deal...it dose nothing to change anything. This would have make a better email. Why even subject the membership to this at all.

@foleypro,

Directing that last quote I made to Uman to you now I'll also add we don't really care if you can't use the software. Once you come out of your shell like a raving lunatic, most people are turned off on even trying to help you. Now butters was nice, and let you know how to use 2 or more textures on a built game. I sure wouldn't have. Not when you name a thread something like you did and wasted my time even opening this to be subjected to your whining. Quit being self centered....no one wants to read this crap. We couldn't change things any ways, so what the point. Do you really think even the mods are actual employees of TGC? So who were ya crying to?.....The same people, that with a little consideration, try and help you?

Really tired of whiners, and begging. It's a 50$ piece of software. Its little more then a game that makes games.

Lets say you didn't come off in this tyrate with your box of Kleenex. Even though I myself probably wouldn't have told you how use 2 textures, cause I'm board with people that can't use a search engine, Fred(the mod) or Butters or anyone else that grits their teeth and bares these threads, probably would have. They don't mind heating up your strained peas and spoon feeding ya pumpkin.

Saying what needs to be addressed should be directed to the people addressing these problems(see how that works). This forum isn't the place for a "bug" rant. I don't visit the "bug" forum cause I know whats wrong....heard it all before....hate reading people whine.....so I don't go there....thats easy on my part.

Got a bug....post it in the right place.

Wanna complain about the product ya got.....send um an email...let them get a laugh at you not being able to get your trees in.

Let me say, the search engine is your best friend. I belong to quite a few forums myself. The current one I'm brow beating to death, I've been a full member of for the past 4 weeks, and I'm yet to make a single post. I'm to busy going though old post and using that search engine like a rented mule. Till I've researched what I deem as problems, no way I'm going to post and sound like an idiot cause a lengthy explanation was given two pages back.

I realize this software is priced so responsibly that theres lots of kids here. And I don't know your age(you may be 40). But this forum also has members like Codemaster, whose 13 I think I seen him say, so being young has nothing to do with being a self centered. It's you.......so quit...get off the MeMeMe thing:
Quote: "
"I get WHITE trees"...so what am I to do, cause I can't be expected to use a search engine.

"I am a NOOB"...So spoon feed me( all I can think of is that commercial with Fat Bast.....well ya know "He looks like a baby...get in meh belly")

"I am at the point that at leaste a Tutorial should be written for us noobs".....So hurry up and give me a link to the many tutorials that are beyond 4 threads below mine and to hard to search for.

"When I purchased the EA version these little quirks were supposed to be fixed on the release version and they are not fixed"...So fix them now my minions....head my words or suffer my wrath.

"Am I upset...YES"...So appease me now...Don't make me ask again."

I(lol) could go on but this is like shooting fish in a barrel.

You'll find the staff here has to be nice and spoon feed ya. The members don't, long as were not cussing you out. Keep posting like that and you'll learn to embrace sarcasm.

Mememememememmememememememememememememememememememememememme!!!!!
uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2006 06:37
Come on guys foleypro was just a little frustrated and needed to let off a little steam - be nice or at least try and be a little more sensitive towards others posting.

Well I know you cant, so as the advice has now been given I will just go ahead and lock this one up now before it gets any worse.

You guys will never learn.

If one Mod or other was to jump on all the threads at theses forums as being either not appropriate or full of off topic nonsense then you would hardly have any left unlocked.

Mods at least by and large try to let a thread go on long enough so that users can legitimately have a chance to air their opinions and that includes letting off a little srteam now and then but enough is enough.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:29:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:29:21