Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / outdoor leveling help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
ok I want to make an outdoor level in a scifi setting. can i lower the editor to the first layer and place my buildings and walk on the skyboxes without dying. also how do u change between skyboxes? and my final question what are some good strategies for building a highly urbanized sifi setting.
MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Outdoor is not what you want with this engine, you have lag lag lag unless your computer is very very da bomb... I don't know if you can walk on the skycube, but I don't think so...
Imp Eclipse SD
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay if your going to do any sort of city you have to make sure your line of sight is limited. make narrow streets with tall walls and lots of turns. that will prevent the engine from rendering to much at one time. besides characters and doors only use static entities. also be carfull when placing the characters, try to but them in areas where you have the highest frame rate. test it a lot to make sure you dont have any areas that are to open. i pretty sure you cant walk on the sky cube. and you can change the skycube during the build game menu, under the global settings. you can do outdoor you just have to be carefull and mindfull of everything in it. Good luck!
pest456
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 01:46
So you are saying I can change what the sky looks like?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 02:35:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 02:35:36