Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I cant find my object!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know this sounds dumb but i put in my object and i go searching around and i cant find it!!! any suggestions?
Malimor
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah to avoid having this problem in the future, which i still cant solve lol.
How can i make a little square room just like the one in the DB Tutorial Room? They do it with an object but is there any way i can do it otherwise???

Dr DooMer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 02:08
You can create one of the DB primitives, with a command like make object cube or make object cylinder; the problem with this is that all the polygons will be pointing outwards, so you wouldn't be able to see the 'walls' if you're inside the object. You can get around this by displaying the backfaces, using the set object command. If your room is object 10, for example, this is the command you'd use:

set object 10,1,1,0

I think this is right - set object has a lot of flags after it and I can't always remember which order they're in. If this doesn't work, have a quick look into the command index and see what it says there.

Hope this helps!

"I am a living, thinking entity who was created in the sea of information."

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:56:36
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:56:36