Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Desert storm pack v1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 20:14
I started to model "Desert storm pack" for FPSC. In this post I will announce news about progress and further stages of development. Also you may check the pictures (and other stuff) at

http://www.freewebs.com/ghogiletto/gallery.htm

C&C are welcome
Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 21:45
I started to model \"Desert storm pack\" for FPSC. In this post I will announce news about progress and further stages of development. Also you may check the pictures (and other stuff) at

http://www.freewebs.com/ghogiletto/gallery.htm
Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2006 22:00
nice image!

SIXOFT - This is not just a game, this is a SIXOFT game.
pest456
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 09:47
Do you reackon FPSC will be able to make moutains and hills soon?
Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 12:31
I don't know. You can make some "terrain" if you like, but this is just for a closer scenery. Also, if you have skills with little imagination you can make a illusion that scene is bigger, and make whatever you want.
FPSC is really great level editor for creating fun games, games for you and your friends (If you are lucky then you might be able to sell some product ), and to tell you the truth I expect more from FPSC only when DirectX 10 will be released. Untill then you must except the fact that graphic engine is not capable enough to render huge amounts of polys.
I work in a game studio as a 3D modeller, and with our own graphic engine we achieved much more better results with high poly models (vertex shader 3, bump and parallax mapping.. etc, etc).. But! This graphic engine was developed in 2 years of hard work and this is not the same as FPSC.
To make myself clear, I see many guys here expecting a Far Cry - Half Life graphics, physics, AI and other nice stuff for a really low price. Those games are produced by proffesional teams, and ofcourse with "decent" budget . My team have a 24 members for example (programers, modellers, animators, musicians...).
So, if you want to make a "Oblivion" your first step is to learn C++ and DirectX, and then your terrain would be great. As I said above for FPSC you must have imagination, limited by technology, but with FPSC everybody can make games and have fun. The skills for making games are implemented in this tool. When you accept this, then your terrain will be great in your and everybody's eyes.
Also, FPSC is really great for understanding the "making the game" technology. It's great to see some kids here learning to create modells, ai scripts and stuff. Who knows, maybe one day some of them will make great titles like Doom3,Half Life ... . My advice to you and others is, if you like game development - stay tuned, learn, create and play with FPSC and if you are strong enough to "survive" sleepless nights then you will acchieve something.

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 12:54
And to clear this out. Desert storm pack will be totaly and absolutely free.

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 12:59
First entities FPSC ready
Enjoy

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mikkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 13:16
Nice entities.Thanks for sharing
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 13:17
It will have to be free, because ive seen some one else post the same models before, saying they had modelled them.
Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 13:27 Edited at: 4th Aug 2006 14:06
No it's not someone else. It's me in the different thread Higgins.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=85446&b=24

and this

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=85216&b=24

Is this ok or do you need some wire screenshots, resource files and psd for textures?

Read a nickname Higgins before you answer like that

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Higgins you seem to have a penchant for everyone to create content for free, do you ever actually intend to pay for anything?
Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 14:35
It seem's to me that some people have a problem with free and open source content. To make this clear,yes I give up my models for free. Why? Because this models I make is for my personall use, and I don't intend to make money from it. Just like that, clear and simple. I acchieved my satisfaction in my career as 3D artist, and this is my job. But, before 5-6 years, when I was started in 3D art, many people helped me to learn. They didn't ask me to pay them for they're lectures. And those models is just a lectures. See them, explore them and make them one day.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 14:48
I dont pay for any thing, because I model, texture and animate all on my own.

Don Ghogiletto, It doesnt matter if I never read the name in the other thread, any way, it was a while back when I saw it, how can I remember a name. If its yours, then thats fine.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 14:48
The sign you made with the 101st Airborne "Patch" seems to be backwords when viewing the texture; are the faces 'mirrored' or 'flipped' in the model to allow the texture to be viewed correctly on the model? I brought them up in GameSpace, but the textures wouldn't take, and there were a few errors in the models (.X).

-Keith

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 15:00
Yes this is the mistake I made in unwrapping and I must flip the texture. But in the fpsc is correct display of a model as you can see. I test the X file in the DirectX Mesh viewer and everything is ok. The mesh is made up from one part, cut in the middle and flipped up, then welded in one mesh, textured, and then exported by Panda.

Attachments

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I dont pay for any thing, because I model, texture and animate all on my own."

Whoopee doo Higgins! I notice you have no objection to trying to flog your creations on your website though

I understand what you mean Don Ghogiletto and feel there's a place for both camps.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 15:47
Do you make a living by annoying people Komet? You have nothing to do with what I sell on my site. Why dont you just stay out of what does not concern you.
Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 15:57
Ok, burry the axes! This is going offtopic .. And because it is my thread, I must make the first move.

btw @Higgins you are welcome to join me if you like the idea of creating Desert storm pack, and if you have time and will to do it. On the other side C&C are welcome. I really like your work and I think that you must start using 3D max how you be able to more express your creativity and knowledge.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 16:13
I already use 3D Max Don, but Iam kind of busy with my own model packs at the moment. I think your guns look a bit too high poly for a game, to be honest. Can you do low poly modelling?
Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 00:14
@Higgins
Yes I can make low poly models. But those models are made months ago, and I must optimize them for FPSC.

pest456
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 03:57
I haven't tested any of the models Iv'e got yet, because Im away from the computer that has FPSC..Don Ghogiletto do u have any screenshots of the enities?
(and thankyou very much for the enities!)
jonathan samson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2006 04:53
Don Ghogiletto you now that Iraq Freedom pack is that free and is it relesed thank you... also nice work 100 thumbs up

J.Samson
Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 14:41
News ..
I was in some mess with free time these days. Sorry . Pack is updated with one ruined building. Reference is from real building from Al falluja in Iraq. Screeny in attach.

Attachments

Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 14:52 Edited at: 7th Aug 2006 14:54
Hey Don Ghogiletto, my comrade IxiPro is also Serbian and he speak serbian and czech (he live in czech and I am czech)
can you join to me?
I make also models (mortar, stengun and sign)

sorry for idiot post

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 14:59
@Johny English

Ok mate send greetings to IxiPro and if you wish you can join me to finish up this pack, and ofcourse I will help you to finish yours.

Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2006 18:53
Sorry I worked now on WW2 - Normandy Pack
Yes can you ICQ and Skype for chat

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 10:03
Another entity. Nissan Terrano patrol car. Very low poly.

Avenging Eagle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 11:00
Quote: "Sorry I worked now on WW2 - Normandy Pack "

What an amazing coinsidence. You ask me for my Normandy map, for free, with all my custom entities and landscape and then, miraculously, you want to make a Normandy pack.

I'm glad i didn't send you the map...

AE

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 11:14
Street light entity.

badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
is it free for commerical use or non commerical it looks great by the way

Hells Earth coming may 2007
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Agreed, very nice. I'm wondering, do you not find the game you are making sluggish considering it has what looks to be wide open spaces? I mean my system can handle those things but a lot of peoples cannot it seems.
badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
who you talking to komet

Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "who you talking to komet"

Don Ghogiletto?
badger king
Years of Service
User Offline
oh ok it just i was not sure sorry

Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 14:28 Edited at: 8th Aug 2006 14:30
Quote: "What an amazing coinsidence. You ask me for my Normandy map, for free, with all my custom entities and landscape and then, miraculously, you want to make a Normandy pack.
I'm glad i didn't send you the map..."

Yes, I will create my new pack, what is badly? (will be a 4 dollars)

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 14:56
@Komet
I don't know Komet ..Acctualy I don't intend to use wide open spaces. I intend to use spaces like small streets or something like that .. But, honestly I don't know. This models are very low poly and I think that everybody can use them

@ Badger King
Yes, the pack would be free for commercial and non-commercial purposes.

Another entity today is road sign.

Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 22:34
Don Ghogiletto, have you got a e-mail, icq or skype?

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 22:38
I'm not sure the Screaming Eagles Patch (101st Airborne Division) is the right choice for the spare tire on a vehicle that the U.S. Army doesn't employ; but that's my opinion. Nice work otherwise.

-Keith

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 09:51 Edited at: 9th Aug 2006 11:22
@Keith

Thanx Keith for advice , I'm gonna remove this patch from the spare tire (But, I'm an ex airborne member and i just looove this kinda stuff ). Any suggestion for replacement? And also I didn't know that US army doesn't employ this type of vehicle (Nissan). I see those vehicles on Kosovo (used by KFOR military police and US army) back in 1999 by myself and I was thinking that is regular military vehicle. Also, there is a lot of Hummer APV's on various threads here and I wanted to make a different type of vehicle. (Sorry about my bad english )

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 13:31
More stuff

Wall and road segments. And more to come

MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good, Don nice work!
Komet
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking very neat Don.
Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 14:05
Thanx guys .. Soon I will finish first part of my pack and then make them available for free download.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 14:23
I was in the 82nd Airborne Division for almost 4 years. I saw those types of vehicles in Iraq (can't remember which country they were from though). We had a couple of guys from the Balkans stop by to get help from our mechanics when we were in Kuwait (just before heading up north); they were driving a Land Rover though. I think I remember seeing one vehicle that looked like that (Korean Plates/civilian), driving down Highway 8 in Iraq.

Anyways, you're right about all the Hummers; this will be a nice addition.

-Keith

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 14:59
@Keith

And I was in the 63rd Airborne Division for 1 year, and in 72nd Special Brigade for 1 and a half year. Ofcourse in Serbian Army ... And to show respect to you and my brothers in arms (even we were enemy's back in 1999 lol ) I would change the patches to your ex unit, soon when I'm find some references on the net, or maybe you would help me to search for them. .

@Others

Here you are the same wall segment but with propaganda poster. It's exactly the same as wall segment just with this addon.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 15:22
The Patch of the 82nd is the "double AA", which stands for "All American"....of course, in Division we used to call it something else.
The patch you have displayed is for the 101st Airborne Division(now Air Assault; as they no longer jump from airplanes, but repel from helicopters).

I was in Germany in 1999, when the Kosovo campaign started; I hope you didn't lose any friends or family in that conflict.

-Keith

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 16:10
I lose some of my friends in that conflict, but life goes on.. :-(.. We were proffesionals, and we must serve our nations....
And I change the camp sign (I found the patch, and I found some stuff about 82nd AD.) Is it like this?

Johny English
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 16:19
Good Work, you make the texture on object same? I dont know how I texturing.

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 16:31
@Johny

It's easy but boring . Esspecialy Unwrapping. I use 3D max for modeling and unwrapping, then I use Photoshop to "paint" the model.
I got some free plugin for MAX called Texporter, and when you finish unwraping, Texporter creates you a bitmap with alpha mask.

Don Ghogiletto
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 16:51
And another road sign, smaller...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 18:19:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 18:19:43