Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / help with a 3d mouse?!?!?!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 00:54 Edited at: 4th Aug 2006 03:21
what i need is for the sprite i have attached to the mouse to seem as if it is getting closer to the screen as it approaches the center. actually all i need help with is how to make an inverse function so that when i state

if mousex() > screen width()/2
"something here that makes 320=320 but at the same time make
640=0"

hope that kinda clarifies what im needing help with, but if you have your own idea, that would be great too. thanks.

MOD EDIT (ADDED FROM THREAD TITLED: bob does not exist???? )
thats exactly the message i get when i run my 3d mouse code i just implemented... it works fine under some circumstances but the way i would like it i get a runtime error that "bob does not exist"

any ideas what that means???

"im going to make an engine that runs on pure frustration..."
CattleRustler
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 03:18 Edited at: 4th Aug 2006 03:20
I copied the text from the other thread here and locked the other. there is no need for 2 threads on the same related issues

Science, Mathematics, and Physics do not lie - only people do.
spooky
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2006 10:44
bob is the old 'Amiga' name for a sprite and some of the old names made their way into DBPro, so basically just look for a bit of code where you are specifying an unknown sprite number.

Boo!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 05:24:12
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 05:24:12