Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / What is the best program to....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 07:41
make terrains?? i tried the one it mentions in the tutorial but it is all glitching and wont work??? or is there some way to program my own terrain? if so give me brief explaination how or a link to a tutorial for it
Chief Voyager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 08:33
what tutorial are you referring to? are you talking about Mat Edit? because I used it before and I couldn't get it to work until i finally read the instructions in it. Mat Edit works good for me (if that's what you're talking about). be more specific so we can give you a hand.

You're ate up like a soup sandwich.
finalfantasymythology
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 08:35
*what tutorial are you referring to?* -any that would help me make a nice looking terrain

*are you talking about Mat Edit? because I used it before and I couldn't get it to work until i finally read the instructions in it. Mat Edit works good for me (if that's what you're talking about). be more specific so we can give you a hand.*
yes i am talking about it soon as i load the program up it is fine get to the numbers press 1 to make new then when i go to pick a texture the mouse screws up and makes mirror images of itself

Chief Voyager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 18:37
i've never had that problem before. not sure what to do there. have you tried uninstalling and re-installing, just for the heck of it?

You're ate up like a soup sandwich.
The Darthster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 23:01
Yes, you can make your own terrains using the matrix command set. Look them up in the help, and maybe look at some of the example programs. You can MAKE MATRIX number, xsize, zsize, xgrid, zgrid and then SET MATRIX HEIGHT number, x, z, height to make some hills and stuff. The way I do it is to have a 2-dimensional array with height values read from data statements, and then set all the matrix heights from that.

Once I was but the learner,
now, I am the Master.
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2003 23:25
darthster, could you give us an example of how you get the height values from data statements i have an idea but it doesn't seem to work.

'You were born crying while people around you smiled'
NetBounty
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 08:52
Can you use the MAKE MATRIX command for making indoor levels (wolfenstein like)? Or is there a better way/program I can use and export to my game to use as levels?

www.pulsesoftware.xrs.net
Under Complete Reconstruction
John H
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 17:14
Red_Eye: You would do a for next loop for however many squares in your matrix and write that to a file.

RPGamer

Current Project: Eternal Destiny
Tech Demo - Colan Island: Currently 716 Lines
ReD_eYe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 18:56
ok, i'm also intrested in netbounty's question.

'You were born crying while people around you smiled'

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:54:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:54:49