Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / darkBASIC, should I buy? IF NEEDED TO MOVE PLEASE POST

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I would like to purchase a copy of one other TGC program to go with my copy of fpsc.Personally, I think I am going to purchase darkBasic. Though I have a couple of questions first.

1: Does darkBASIC have a interface like fpsc only controlled by basic?
2: Should I buy darkBASIC classic or pro
3: (unrelated to darkBasic) Does T3DGC allow custom menus and models?

Also I know some basic and know the main features of fpsc. Please help me chose.
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 13:15
right here goes.

Both dark basic programs have no visual aspect to them they are purley powerful gaming coding languages. If you want dark basic to go with the fpsc buy professional as you can get the source code for the fpsc which was coded in dbp.

The 3d game creater sucks if you used to good quality games produced buy the fpsc or dark basic. You can make custom menus but only very basic aspects can be changed such as the background image and the text that appears. the controls and layout for every menu are the same.

hope this helps

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
The Nerd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2006 14:16 Edited at: 6th Aug 2006 14:17
Quote: "1: Does darkBASIC have a interface like fpsc only controlled by basic?"

Don't get FPSC and DarkBasic confused! They are two very different products. FPSC a drag 'n drog game creator, while DarkBasic is a programming language. This means that you have to write code to achieve whatever you wish. Like this:

If you compile that code in DarkBasic, you will see a colored cube that spins around.

Quote: "2: Should I buy darkBASIC classic or pro"

If you know that you will continue to use DarkBasic for a long time, I would say go for Pro. Else you will just find yourself purchasing it anyway if you go for DarkBasic Classic!

Quote: "3: (unrelated to darkBasic) Does T3DGC allow custom menus and models?"

Yes it does... But trust my word... Don't buy T3DGM

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 00:37
Quote: "1: Does darkBASIC have a interface like fpsc only controlled by basic?
2: Should I buy darkBASIC classic or pro
3: (unrelated to darkBasic) Does T3DGC allow custom menus and models?"

1. No
2. Pro, tons better
3. Don't know, but don't get it!

Quote: "Both dark basic programs have no visual aspect to them they are purley powerful gaming coding languages. If you want dark basic to go with the fpsc buy professional as you can get the source code for the fpsc which was coded in dbp."

Do you still need the FPSC media to run it? Otherwise he can't use it.

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
X Trade
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 01:11
some people seem to say go for classic, because its less compicated than pro. but that is completely wrong. Pro is exactly the same as classic, except it runs faster, and there are more commands to use (IF you want to use them). it isnt any more comlicated, as its based on the BASIC syntax.

Neither version of Dark Basic has a visual interface as such. Writing programs involves using an IDE (integrated development environment), which, in some ways, resembles a text editor. You have to write code, which is basically a series of instructions that the computer follows at high speed to produce your game. it takes experience but you can easilly get the hang of object and information management and manipulation required to make a good game, in Dark Basic languages, because the 3d and 2d engines are insanely simple, and you don't have to worry about writing the entire engine like you would with most other languages.

But it is definately not a 'drag and drop' system like FPSC, although you can technically use FPSC levels in dark basic, with a bit of framework code.

www.AoFP.co.uk
The end is near
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2006 09:48
i would download the trial of DBP.
http://darkbasicpro.thegamecreators.com/?m=download&fi=408011a04c7802.32030500

that should give you a feel for DBP's power.

My current savings for the PS3 is: $486.00 out of $600 !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 05:26:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 05:26:52