Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / I need 2d help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2006 23:47
alright I made a 2d model on paint but paint (as far as I know) can only make square images when I put the character in the level the character moves fine but the background doesn't change with the level.

how do I fix this

Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 00:01
if you mean you get the white bits around the edge of the image the best way to get rid of this in dbp is to fill the backgrund of your image (whilst in paint) black. then go into dark basic and put this in your code before the main loop

i think that should do it havent tested yet.

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 00:29
We have DBC.

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 00:33
Big man, you mean:

Post a screenshot...uh..."Jordan Stories Games".

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
Big Man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2006 20:50 Edited at: 9th Aug 2006 20:50
no im sure that if your using sprites its the backdrop off command maybe im wrong ( im thinking about getting rid of that blue screen though) it doesnt matter cause JSG has DBC.

Jordan stories your gonna want to do this

I always find the best way to learn is to be given explanations.

Sprite num this is the number you've given your sprite

The first number This is the backsave state what this means is that if it is set to 1 every time your sprite moves it will not leave a trail.

Second number This is the transparecy state if it is set to 1 it means that the colour black is transparent so if the background of your sprite is black DB wont render the black bits.

Hope you understand

BM

Our aim is to keep the loo's clean, your aim can help.
Hippie Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 00:36
This works in DBP not sure of Dbc but here it is anyway. Try putting the 'set image colorkey' command at the beginning of you program. It will make a single color of all of your sprites transparent.

Mysteries Surround You
Slayer93
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 01:12
backdrop off works in dbc just to let you know but anyway change the white background to black and that should work. If your using a object and not a sprite/image than use set object and set the transparency. That should work

Naruto is the ninja...not really

Ginga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 01:54
Humm .. lots of differant comments. as a user of DBC, and have worked with this problemo, You want to set the background of ur sprite image (whilst in a paint editor program eg MSPaint) to black.

Then after loading the image into the program, Do what Uncle Sam said, so if your image(could be bitmap) number is 1, you would wirte either;
or

This is explained under the 'paste image' comand in the help section on DBC . Hope i helped
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2006 05:16
thanks.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 07:36:35
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 07:36:35