Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / To load an animated character

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 12:43
Hi,

I have 3DSMax 5 and I'm using the Panda .X exporter. Can anyone tell me (or even point me to an earlier post) how to prepare an animated object with a skeleton for DBPro? I've looked on the forum but can't really find what I'm looking for. I can load in textured models, but they don't animate and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong at the export stage or if they have to be named a particular way in order to work or something like that. It's the limb usage I'm really not sure about.

Thank you for any information you can give me.
LLX
Years of Service
User Offline
my modler coudl never get max modlers to work theiwere always a magled mess of polies but when he milkeshaped it and usee JT exporter for a .x it worked so i guess look for a jt exporter

Scorpyo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 19:29
get this
http://gp500store.m4driving.sm/content/tools.htm
enable save as text file and save animation data
runs clicking on shell.exe
eggman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2003 19:30
Sorry, Scorpyo -- that link didn't work. I couldn't find that JT exporter anywhere either. I've been using a couple of different methods to export from Max. Here's the most basic thing I've been doing:

Create the model in Max. It's just a tall box with height segments for experimentation purposes.

Add bones to the box (not biped -- just regular bones)

Set up an IK limb system on the bones. The bones use Euler XYZ rotation so I'm assuming IK has no negative effect on them at export time. In any case I get the same result with FK.

Use the Character Studio Physique modifier to attach the bones to the mesh. Panda seems to require this. Skin seems to give the same results anyhow.

Use only Rigid vertices in Physique and no two bones sharing a vertex (No Blending, in other words).

Animate the bones using IK.

Select everything but the IK chains and export the selected objects to the X format.

When I load it into DBP the mesh appears distorted and doesn't animate.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 06:41:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 06:41:34