Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Zelda Link's Awakening by Tiniton and Mikiouf

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello ,

My project is rather well advanced, I said myself it's cool to present it at the english community.
I'm working actually with "mikiouf" on a remake of an old videogame on Gameboy, his name is: Zelda Link's Awakening.
I chose this project with an aim of not having to remake a scenario of the game. Thereafter, Mikiouf joined me and he modelled many decorations.

Some place :

Some monsters :

Some peoples :

Others snapshots :

[img]http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/599/renard1dm.jpg

A trailer (video) of this game, will be available in a big month !

I'm waiting for you comments! Thanks a lot.

Here is the FR offical post : http://www.games-creator.com/forum3/viewtopic.php?t=8600&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Ps : I'm really sorry, but this is my english's traducer who traduce it in your language ( english ) because I'm not experimented in this language, thanks for your comprehension.
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 22:31
Nice Work!.. whic thread you are using?

You singature was removed by mod because it was too cool..
Oddmind
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 22:32
this one hopefully, the other one doesnt have image tags.

formerly KrazyJimmy

Prayers for rain...
Roxas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 22:34 Edited at: 11th Aug 2006 22:36
one image without tags...

second one ><

edit

tags arent working on it :/

You singature was removed by mod because it was too cool..
Spopovich
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks really cool, I think I remember that Zelda game, it was fun. Good luck with it.

Do not ask what the forums can do ask what you can do for the forums.
Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 23:48
Bien fait et bonne chance!

(I just looked up the words - I do not speak French).

Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 00:45
looks very good so far, keep at it

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 01:42
Amazing, you could sell this for Big Bucks if you converted it to english!

Applyby has Flies in his Eyes.
Zotoaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 04:05
Yeah but Zelda already exists, so I don't think he could.

That last screenshot of the first thread looks super awesome! One would mistake that for a real Zelda game.

The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 05:06
Wow this looks nice!

Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 07:27
yes! i loved Links Awakening, cant wait to see how this goes =) great eye candy in those pics, simple, but very well textured! hope its made with utmost care to the original...

Xenocythe- No possible way nintendo would let him sell it, but they would probably let him release it =) im not totally sure on the legalities =P

"It's not what's under the skin that matters, but your actions that define you."
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 15:34 Edited at: 12th Aug 2006 15:35
This project looks amazing. Great work.

On Nintendo, if they catch wind of this they'll probably issue an official Cease and Desist order. I've seen it happen several times with fan games. Quest for Glory remake it happened. Chrono Trigger remake it happened, even though SquareSoft actually gave permission at first only to revoke it later. Neither company has any plans to do a remake of their own either. This is the reason that I personally would never do a faithful remake of an older game.

I hope that doesn't happen with this project, because it looks especially nice. Good luck with it!

Come see the WIP!
Wiggett
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 15:52
yeah well done guys!

Syndicate remastered: Corporate persuasion through urban violence.
Hobgoblin Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 16:11
Quote: "official Cease and Desist order"

Those suck, I was doing a remake of Mail Order Monsters for the retro remake competition and got one of these from EA, my mistake I suppose for sending a letter of inquiry to get permission. Of course the letter took awhile cuz customer support told me to read the electronic License first (a C64 game, like it had one) eventually I got through to someone who did not send me a form letter and got the above response.

http://www.cafepress.com/blackarrowgames
Check out my great stuff here
Starkiller 7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 17:42 Edited at: 12th Aug 2006 17:46
I would like just to say one thing in French : il y a 2 "p" au mot "supprimer" ! (Translations : "supprimer" = "delete" - il y a deux "p" au mot "supprimer" : There are two "P" in the word "delete" in French)

This was the "Today's French lesson", by Starkiller 7. (LOL)

I'm French but I try to write in good English
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 19:06
Hehe, I forgot about copyrights

But he could contact Nintendo and make a deal! I mean, who wouldn't love to play a pc 3D version of the Zelda game links awakening?

Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 19:12
Quote: "But he could contact Nintendo and make a deal!"

It's not that easy. Corporations are not people, and can't often make sense of such simple things.

But let's not harp on this subject. The game looks great, let's focus on that.

Come see the WIP!
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 22:48
*skipping every post in the thread*

The game looks great!

However, I'm affraid that Nintendo will contact you with a sease and decist order, like Sqare did with the Crono Trigger Ressurection.

I'm hoping that you don't get that and that you release an english version cause I'd be happy to play through Link's Awakening one more time looking this good.

Simple Game Toolkit - Game making made simple!
www.digitalawakening.net
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 23:04
i wouldnt wait for them to contact you =D send an email with ure intentions and screenshots form the game and maybe theyll let you continue...after all, so long as you dont intend to make a profit, i think nintendo could use it =P

Bishop

"It's not what's under the skin that matters, but your actions that define you."
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 23:40

Aslong you arent making this commercial and nintendo gets copyright marks at all the characters and things in the credits.It should be OK.

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 23:46
It's not OK if Nintendo doesn't like it. CTR was only intended as a freeware game but Square didn't like it.

As Bishop says it might be best to contact Nintedo before you are putting in more work.

www.digitalawakening.net
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 02:17 Edited at: 13th Aug 2006 02:19
Quote: "Aslong you arent making this commercial and nintendo gets copyright marks at all the characters and things in the credits.It should be OK."

good luck with that type of thinking...

If I were at Nintendo and somebody wanted to produce something using one of my brands, I would want full artistic control to ensure the brand doesn't get tarnished...

Let's just say, it could turn out to be a lose lose situation if Nintendo ever wanted to play bully....

Edit: Damn thing looks great, just put in your own original material and you could possible start your own franchise brand...
greenlig
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 03:16
Looks great man! I really like how it all fits together. Well tuned.

On the copyright issue...Dont tell anyone And if they say stop, just continue it without showing it on the net.

Or am I just being evil?

Regards,
Greenlig

Blender3D - GIMP - WINXP - DBPro
zzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 12:32
Omg!
This is über-great!
I loved this game, keep it up!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 14:04
"On the copyright issue...Dont tell anyone And if they say stop, just continue it without showing it on the net."

It's illegal and Nintendo might take him to court under whatever laws his country has and copyright laws are quite strict in most countries.

www.digitalawakening.net
Saikoro
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 14:31
If anything, you'll still end up with a fine engine you can apply to your own characters and stories. Looks fantastic.

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 14:40
Like Heckno says it might be best to just make an original game. Or ask Nintendo first.

Simple Game Toolkit - Game creation made simple!
Visit my website here or my forum and blog here.
Xenocythe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 16:54
Or just forget I mentioned selling it and hijacked this thread with copyright issues

Guys, lets forget it, and focus on the brilliant game

Shadow Coderer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 22:24
This game looks awsome- rivalling and/or beating ocarina of time quality-visually. However seen as links awakening was designed to be 2d, it aint necesarily gonna translate to 3d in an awsomely playable way. Ocarina of time ruled because it had 3d puzzles and dungoens designed from scratch- not a 2d game converted in to a 3d view. I reccomend adding more 3d elements and puzzles to the game than would otheriwse be added such as aiming in 3d at targets and many levels of jumping etc. if my advice counts for anything that is Id like to point out how nintendo arent going to allow an EXCLUSIVE series on to any other platform other than there own. They would recieve no benefit for allowing the game and so obviously wouldnt want to allow pc gamers the chance to play zelda for fear of said gamers suddenly deciding not to buy a nintendo product.

"If I die, tell my wife 'hello'"
NeX the Fairly Fast Ferret
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 22:28
This looks very cool. Watch out for the cease court orders though! Animate your Link model to destroy them!

Since the other one was scaring you guys so much...
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 22:33
SC:
I would prefer a strait port rather then chainging the original. The camera could be mouse controlled with the mouse buttons representing A and B or just use a fixed camera angle.

Game creation made simple!
Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 01:27
Im with you DA =D a direct port would be great! but plz, do contact em soon, i would hate to see this project go down the crapper =(

Bishop

btw- any chance of a demo anytime soon?

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 02:36
I'd just like to say that Links awakening is not only my favorite Zelda game ever, but also the first one I ever played. I'm not crazy about how there are two different artistic styles you're using, but otherwise the game looks great. I hope you finish this, as I'd love to see such a great game go into 3D.

I recommend you make the furniture in the houses larger, to get a more cozy feel like the original. Links awakening was great because nothing ever felt empty. Just a suggestion, as I think it would make the game a bit more enjoyable to look at. I must say, I love the character models, especially link. He really looks amazing.

But I don't like how you're making the bowows into bull dogs. Keeps them as black spheres. I'm not sure if anyone else minds, but I'd much rather see the black spheres than a dog. Just my opinion though, it's probably not going to make a huge difference.

How closely are you going to follow the original game? Like, how similar will the content be?

Looks great, can't wait for the vid!

Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 05:13 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 05:14
Nice work dude
Ive never played Zelda but your wip rocks!
Anyway, keep it up!

TEH_CODERER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 11:32
Looks absolutely incredible! I love the Zelda games!

[url]andrewneale2004@yahoo.com[/url]
http://www.elbsoftware.dbspot.com
Megaton Cat
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 12:19
Nice models and rooms!
Ginga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 14:51
This is a REAL tribute to Zelda Fans everywhere! I love the series, and this is the only one i havnt played, so hopefully my first time wil lbe in 3d!
Kentaree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 15:31
Excellent work, keep it up. Make sure it's easily reskinnable and easy to make levels for, in case you do get a complaint, so you can turn it into your own similar game in a short time if needs be.

Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 18:19
Very good stuff, I see I'm not the only one working on a Zelda Fan game, I will follow this one.

Bizar Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 21:56
Musashi is working on a Zelda fan game?!?!

When was this? was it while I was gone?

Baiame
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 01:09 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2006 01:12
Nintendo will still slam this with their iron fist, regardless of intention to sell. I suggest you don't post any more WIPs and don't tell anyone, keep the development mostly secret. Nintendo will only be aware of the project after it's released, and won't be able to do anything legally, while other people will continue to distribute it.

Anyway, looks great.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 03:23
Quote: "Musashi is working on a Zelda fan game?!?!

When was this? was it while I was gone?"

Its only been mentioned in game design theory, I'm not going to make a proper announcement of it, until I've got this bit of code working and a working character model for plays that isn't a placeholder.

Quote: "Nintendo will still slam this with their iron fist, regardless of intention to sell. I suggest you don't post any more WIPs and don't tell anyone, keep the development mostly secret. Nintendo will only be aware of the project after it's released, and won't be able to do anything legally, while other people will continue to distribute it."

There is no problem with fangames, its done all of the time, 2D, 3D the lot. They wouldn't shoot you down because you are practicing a skill on something they love. I mean people make fan art, fan movies, fan fics, fan music and theres no copyright there, because it doesn't harm the company to have indie dev spinoffs of their games, artwork, plot and music, if someone made a Zelda game and made money from it, thats when theres an issue.

Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 05:28
The thing is, this is NOT a fan game...this is a direct (as possible) port from 2d to 3d...as far as i know, fan games are usually allowed, however its a different story when your replicating copyrighted material, *especially* without the consent of Nintendo (which i doubt they would provide =P)

Bishop

The admiral
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome dude it looks very crips and proffesional.

The admiral
Ginga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 14:58
Quote: "Very good stuff, I see I'm not the only one working on a Zelda Fan game, I will follow this one."

Can't wait to see you WIP thread, when your ready of corse.
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 16:11
Quote: "
Can't wait to see you WIP thread, when your ready of corse."

It probaly won't be, I'm a traitor, its not being done in DBP.

But heres the very early work in progress thread on another forum, if you're interested. When you see it, you'll see how 'early' it is for a WIP, I don't even have the right models

http://www.ozarkgames.com/smf/index.php?topic=608.new#new

Quote: "The thing is, this is NOT a fan game...this is a direct (as
possible) port from 2d to 3d...as far as i know, fan games are usually allowed, however its a different story when your replicating copyrighted material, *especially* without the consent of Nintendo (which i doubt they would provide =P)"

Well really it is a fan game, as the game is being developed by a fan, even though following the same story, porting from 2D to 3D on it, I say its still a fan game, as I've seen 3D to 2D versions of Ocarina or Time, Majoras Mask and Wind Waker that fall under the term of Fan game, what does it matter? They are no longer producing or selling the gameboy version and therefore either way Nintendo aren't gonna make money from Links Awakening, even if there are 3D versions, so I sincerely doubt they would need to care, I mean if they let it happen they'd be making their fans happy.

@Tiniton, you may be interested in showcasing this over at http://www.zfgc.com Its a forum where many people showcase their Zelda fangames from early production up until release.

Ginga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 16:47
nice! Using torque hey, ne good? Hardest part for me about coding games is media, im rubbish at art either on comp or paper.

any Fan made Zelda game is a PLUS in my books, whislt w8ihng for the next BIG Zelda game (Roll on Wii), i can play fan games which will keep me amused
Seppuku Arts
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 17:00
Well not to drift of subject (May as well ask me questions in the forum I linked you to, its fairer on tiniton and his thread)

Torque is good, as long as you understand it, the code side is difficult, as for media, its easy after practice, if you wanted, you could add me to MSN, and perhaps I could give media advice.

Bishop
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 21:00
soooooo...any updates? you get shut down and we didnt hear about it?

Bishop

Tinkergirl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2006 21:43
Mushasi - Nintendo would be perfectly within their rights to send C&D letters to anyone who uses their brands. Zelda, Link et all. It doesn't matter if they're making no money off it, it doesn't matter that it's a fan game. It doesn't even matter if you can't buy the game any more and it certainly doesn't matter if "other people get away with it".

You use their brands, their intellectual property, and they have every right to defend it. Indeed - it's in their best interests to defend it, so that they will have a strong case for other, possibly less kind defences in future. Intellectual Property theft has far too many myths surrounding it (like "it's ok if you don't make money off it") but the bottom line is - the Zelda/Link property is theirs, and only written permission from Nintendo will legally allow you to use it in any form.

(The laws for 'fair use' and 'parody' are seperate, and don't really come into this, as it's so very close to the original source.)

Soz. The game looks ace though, but if it goes under in a puff of "C&D" letters and bitterness - I won't be surprised.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 16:28:54
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 16:28:54