Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Swords and knives?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello thar,

Is there any script or prefab thing for the player getting swords and knives, or has anybody perhaps made such a thing?

I'm kinda asking this for a project a friend of mine wants to work on.

Kthnx in advance.

<- Amiga, yay!

amigacam.net.tc
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 20:04
Scripts do not govern how weapons work.They have to be animated and then imported into FPSC.
The gunspec file governs how a weapon functions.
Moving this to the models and media forum.

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah I understand that Wrong forum hehe. Is there perhaps a model pack or something with swords / knives in it?

Or one script and I can just model the sword or knife myself?

amigacam.net.tc
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 23:07
yes, my next model pack contains an animated K-Bar knife and medieval sword, you can check out the thread, i believe its still on the first page.

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 23:09
You have to make the model or find one that is made and then animate it and import it into FPSC.The gunspec file for the weapon tells FPSC what the weapon does,etc.
The weapon itself does not have a script.
There are various tutorials and WCS EA is available for purchase.
Weapon Creator will be released shortly and someone is working on a free weapon creator.

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried some of those objects but when i put em in the directory they don't work. They don't show up anywhere.

amigacam.net.tc
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 00:14
Quote: "someone is working on a free weapon creator"

Yeah, I sure am but when its finished, there will be a lot of instructions on how to import weapons. This is how to go about importing weapons (melee weapons).

1.model, texture and animate your model (the weapon model does not have to include animations but it makes it look better) I find melee weapons the easiest to import because you don't need to include a FIRESPOT and BRASS bone in the model.

2.Make a copy of a gun folder (I use GLAIVE for my melee weapons) and place it anywhere within the gamecore\guns directory. Now change the gunspec folder to get rid of anything that a melee weapon does not have. Also include another variable "range=50". I use 50 becuase it seems just right for a melee weapon. Save your model as "HUD.X" in that folder and change the animations frames to match the animations that you made in your modelling package. Also make sure the texture path is that of your texture "TGA, DDS, BMP, PNG, JPG" are all supported texture formats.

3.Now the tricky bit. Getting the postition of the weapon right. You will see there is a paragraph (if you may) called "hud muzzleflash position" there are also the values "horizontal, vertical and forward" adjust these and keep testing the weapon in game to see if it seems right. Another important aspect is the rotation of the weapon. You need to rotate it in your modelling prgram because I don't think you can do that within the gunspec folder. Change the sounds as well like have a "whoosh" sound for FIRE.

Hope that little tutorial helps.

Opposing Force

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com. Register and expand our community. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
I must be overly stupid, but a gunspec folder? I can't even find that.

amigacam.net.tc
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 00:43
i believe he meant gunspec file and accidently said folder, its a .txt file in the weapons directory

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
So I need to make a duplicate folder of guns inside my guns directory?

amigacam.net.tc
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 07:31
Opposing force,
No offence but stepping on Codes toes with that product is kinda cheesy. People can say what they want, but other things can be made with DPB without killing anothers work.

I mean I could just as easily release Bond's model pack, or Keith's, or Jon's but in being part of the community I wouldn't step on some ones toes like that. I mean if your OK with doing that for free thats up to you, but Codes put allot of work in an item to have you do a half as good version and kill his thunder(and I say half as good cause you wouln't have near the time in it. It may do the job but no bells and whistles).

Just a moral dilemma to me...........
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 08:00
Not to get involved your arguement or anything but I think that Bullshock was the first one to work on a weapon importer.
When Code Master announced he was working on weapon creator Bullshock didn't get upset.Neither did I.
I have used both products and they have different features and different ways of going about importing your weapon.
There are a variety of resources available and this isn't a compeititon.To be honest,there are a lot of forum members that can't buy either WCS or Weapon Creator and want to import their own weapons.A free weapon importer might stem the tide of "can you make this weapon FPSC ready?" posts that sometimes flood the models and media forum.
If a working,free weapon importer is available to all of the forum members then there will be no excuses for someone not to be able to import their own weapons.
Weapon Creator is a fine product.I am beta testing it and I can say it works really well.
Code Master will have no trouble selling a few copies of it.
A free weapon importer is not going to cost him sales.
You don't get a lot of sales around here anyways.
Ask anyone who has sold anything on these forums.
Think of it this way.
Either you could have those that can't afford to buy the two weapon importers bug us incessantly about making their weapons FPSC ready or they can do it themselves.
I pick the second choice.
I don't think Opposing Force is making this to horn in on Code Master's action.If he were then he would be charging for it.
I think he is just doing it for the good of the community.
For what it is worth I do understand how you feel.
I am still going to buy Weapon Creator when it is released one way or another.
I have been around since the beginning of Weapon Creator.I have also purchased WCS.
It is no different that when I bought Signs III and Magic FPS.
They are two somewhat similar choices but do different things.
I like having all of the available options when making my game.
Then if my game sucks only I am the one to blame.
This is just my opinion,of course,and doesn't matter to anyone but me.
Just thought I'd express it anyways.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 09:38 Edited at: 12th Aug 2006 09:42
It's no argument Fred. And saying a free item wouldn't hurt either sales is stretching it. You'll go from selling "not allot of copies" to none on both Bulls and Codes account. And code didn't offer a free version of Bulls prog. It's different, with different options.

You know people. And really if they wanted a pro point and click software they'd go 3dgm pro and pay 1k. They paid 50$ for a software.......I have no problem at all with people charging for extras to take the software beyond it's point and click status. If you wanna mod it cost more then 50....no biggie

Don't matter to me one way or another.....I just know I personally wouldn't stomp some ones toes like that. Be it Bulls or Codes. Theres a moral standing thats in question here.

If were all, "screw our brother" then lets set the stage and see how well that goes over when TGC's head is cut if I release all kinda swat guys and their models along with Bonds new pack. First off, I'd be banned. Can't have a double standard just cause TGC's not at stake. I realize were on their server and saying taking TGC's money was just a for instance. How well accepted do you think I'd be if I remade Keith's, or Bond's, or Jon's packs. People would take sides....admit it or not....

All I'm saying is you have to remain in a community. Doing something like thats going to effect it.....no matter what ya think.

And just thought I'd express my feelings......

In the words of B-Rad from "Malibus most wanted"....."Don't be hatin"
Gangsta Gamesta
Years of Service
User Offline
Opposing force is being generous enough to help the comunity without cost which is very nice for those who cant import their own weapons or need a faster way.

- G 2x
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 14:02
Hmm, Decision time. Should I finish of making my free Weapon importer or just let it go? I don't mind really. I only suggested the idea but if it will cause this much bother then I won't make it.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com. Register and expand our community. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes make it please.

amigacam.net.tc
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 17:37
Locrain,
I can't argue with you.You have made some good points.

MiRRoRMaN 64
Years of Service
User Offline
So how can I put a weapon somebody made here into my FPS creator? Because I copied all the stuff like people said but they won't show up.

Is there like a knife I can try and put in there? Does someone perhaps have an example?

amigacam.net.tc
Gangsta Gamesta
Years of Service
User Offline
Opposing force go ahead and make it, it will make a very generous contribute(sp) to the community many people will thank you and those weapon creators have been out long enough that there will be no more buyers by now.

mirrorman your problems could be solved with opposing forces free weapon exporter

ps its not a weapon creator its a weapon exporter, now no one made something called a weapon exporter so carry on

- G 2x

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 06:26:04
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 06:26:04