Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / TADK Beta Version 1 :: Annoucement & Download

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2006 23:36
Text Adventure Development Kit

This program allows you to program text adventures like you might have done on the Apple II or Commodore systems. While the coding language may be much diffrent than the systems mentioned, this program is focused on simplicity much like that of Dark Basic Pro. The beta version is available at its website (link below) with several commands and a basic test game functionality.

Download: Check the Dowload Section of the Website (Filesize: 918k)
(*Note: The download is NOT hosted on freewebs, as freewebs is a bit slow)

A Screenshot is on the Key Features page, other than the editor there isn't too much to show as it is almost all text.

Answers to Questions Before You Ask
No doubt there will be certain questions asked and I have the answers to some of them here

Q: Are all the features listed on the website (particularly in the Key Features page) currently in the program and avialable in the beta?

A: No. While these features will be in in the end, the current version does not yet have all these features.

Q: Is this just a copy of Accel Leon's project?

A: Not really. While both projects focus on the same concept, they each have their own engine and priorities. This project was actually started in the Early Summer of 2005, but has been on hold for a large portion of time due to TGC's release of FPS Creator and other projects I've worked on.

Q: Isn't the editor just a slightly modified version of Paddy which comes as an example with BlueGUI?

A: Yes. Paddy is a nice example with some nice features in it that make it an ideal editor, especially the ability to have multible files open. In the future it will be modified more heavily with syntax highlighting and other features.

Q: Is the price going to be the "Expected Price" listed on the order page?

A: As shown on the order page, that may change for more or less. There is also a chance I may release it for free, but do not ask at about it at the moment.

For more info please check the website. Also please note that I will not release beta versions regularly.

I would appreciate C&C.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 01:01
I am currently having a problem with syntax highlighting. If you use DBP and would like to help me out please check here:
Syntax Highlighting

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2006 17:17
Looks good,as for user possibility with the commands,id prefer yours above mine.

well done!

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 09:47
pretty good!

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 01:40
Thanks

The next beta will be avialable sometime next month probally, but some of it's new functionality will be limited.

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 01:44
Anyone else find it interesting?

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 00:11
Excuse the triple post, but 187 views and only two people post? At least they say something in the FPSC boards

Aaron Miller
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: osu!
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 00:22
Well, i have had the same problem with my posts, give it a little time. I think people arent responding because it's not free. But i dont know though. There is also another Text Adventure Creator out there that's free, that could contribute. (I think that you have to buy yours, that's what the site said)

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 17:40
That's just the plan, the beta is free but if I decide to I'll make the full version free too. I probally will, since I don't have the time to really make it worth the money at the moment (even though I only planned about $3).

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 16:22:18
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 16:22:18