Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / 3D.Texturizer Alpha Download

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 21:22 Edited at: 10th Apr 2003 12:29
Ok.

Here are links to my first DB effort, 3D.Texturizer.

The release is just an Alpha, proof of concept if you like. I've posted it for those who said they were interested to try it out in my beta announcements notice. However, the program is actually useful as is, especially to those who are having trouble learning to 'skin' or texture their models right now, through using 3D.Texturizer you can get a feel for how a flat image can be wrapped around a 3D object

Note you will need to UVmap your objects for best results, and this process is beyond the scope of my readme.txt, which I suggest you read and even print out before you attempt to use 3D.Texturizer, as it contains comprehensive help on the features so far.

You also need a machine that can at least run dbc, but my test pc is: athlon1800xp, 256megDDR, and GeForce2-mx400.

Anyhow, without further procrastination, here are two links, one in .rar format for those who are in the know, and one in .zip, for those who are slow

Approx 1.3MEG and 1.6MEG respectively.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~danmatsuma/3D.Texturizer.rar
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~danmatsuma/3D.Texturizer.zip

Encouragement is welcome, as what started as a simple experiment for me to get to grips with DBC's features could grow into a cool little application with your support

Hope you enjoy my first effort!

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 22:22
Readme.txt errata:
"You should put your textures and existing skins into the textures directory, they will then appear in the Texture Bank within 3D.Texturizer."

This is true in a way, as you can use skins as textures, as in the example skin "michface.bmp" which is found in both the Skins AND Textures directories. but the more textures you have in the textures directory, the slower 3D.Texturizer program will run. This is due to the realtime nature of the program.

Better, would be to put existing skins into the skins directory, from where you can load them using F3

Most will know this intuitively, but for those who don't, also unmentioned, is that to use your new skin in db, you need to copy it from the skins directory in the 3D.Texturizer folder into the folder where you will be calling it from in db. Then Use 'load image' and 'texture object', as the new skin/texture name is not automatically stored in the .x or .3ds file. Once (if) 3D.Texturizer is developed further, you will have project files in which everything is saved, including all layers seperately.

over 13 views so far not including mine, I'm interested to know what you think folks

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 23:32 Edited at: 10th Apr 2003 00:09
Oh yeah, the screenshot, (an older one can be found in the beta announcements section)

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2003 23:52
interesting little proggy you got there

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
Shadow Robert
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 00:28
gonna download in a sec... check it out

Tsu'va Oni Ni Jyuuko Fiori Sei Tau!
One block follows the suit ... the whole suit of blocks is the path ... what have you found?
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 12:42
Hehe, made the announcement at the top nicer, it did look a bit rude looking at it today, really was just me being careful

But to all those who downloaded, I am interested to hear your comments, and if you have constructive suggestions for what you'd like to see added to the program you can post them here and I will respond

Some things I planned already:

*Swap the windows for 2D and 3D, cos it feels better the other way 'round.

*Toolbar selection of brushes and a gui file system, appearing under where the color bar is with sliders etc.. for paramaters of the current brush.

*More Layers

*The ability to make your own brushes, not limited to textures.

*A port to DBpro as soon as I get it, where rotation of textures and brushes will happen, and an option to apply a small amount of blur to every brush as you use it, which would be simpler than having to blur seperately.

*Support for graphics tablet pressure and the ability to assign pressure to scale/blur etc.

Rereading that first post today I can understand if peeps were put off responding, but most did download, so look at it now, it's more like what I meant (Thanks raps)

rapscaLLion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 05:26
Looks like a very exciting lineup of features

Alex Wanuch
aka rapscaLLion
Kousen Dev Progress >> Currently Working On Editors
indi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2003 09:21
It works very well so far, keep it up and kudos for the effort.

Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2003 03:29
Thanks guys

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 10:34:05
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 10:34:05