Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / How do I create Undo And Redo in aplications?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 17:15
Hi. Is there any way in DbPro to create Undo and Redo buttons that actually work. I'v tried using arrays to "Undo" stuff, and it sort of works, but it's really slow and choppy when using the wait command in between Undos, and it sometimes does it one at a time and other times it does what it's sopposed to do, like in Microsoft Paint.
Oh, by the way, I'm using zennasems Tile Forge code and I'm trying to tweak it to fit my images since I could'nt get his site that had the images up. Here's my version so far in the download.[href]C:\Program Files\Dark Basic Software\Dark Basic Professional\Projects\Map Editor[/href]

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 22:52
Woops! Don't know how to do the download thing. Only gave you one image. Here's the code too.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Whisper Wind
Years of Service
User Offline
I didn't look at the code, but if you explain why your using wait commands between undos, and explain your undo algorthim, I could help?

Searching for files named 'sanity'...
No files were found.
MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 04:00
Well, I put the wait command there just so the Undo won't go so fast when I HOLD CTRL + Z. I'm trying to make the Undo keys work so that it works like the undo button in Microsoft Paint in the accessories section from the start menu. Only I want it to give me more undos than just three. I appreciate your help. I'm new to the Membership thing, but I've been using DBPRO and VB 6.0 since I was 13. Now I'm 16 and still getting frustrated no matter how hard I try to COMPLETE any program. For one, I have hardly any time, and 2, I have learning disabilities that are being backed up by medication and that slows my thinking process. I'm still a Junior, so don't give up on me. Music and Game Programming are still my main goals for when I get a job.

Thanks again Whisper Wind in advance.

MickeyIII
Hobgoblin Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 02:28
If you take a look in the DB coding challenges at the paint program, I had 30 layers of undo in there. It may give you an idea.

http://www.cafepress.com/blackarrowgames
Check out my great stuff here
MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 03:16
I can't find the paint program in there by you. I just get a whole bunch of other stuff in the 20 Liner section. I did all sorts of searches in the other sections, read through them all, and couldn't find it. If you could remeber it, that would be great.
Hobgoblin Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 21:38
Sure here it is.

There is a sticky at the to of the DBP forums that says coding challenges, you can find alot of help there for many things.

http://www.cafepress.com/blackarrowgames
Check out my great stuff here
MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 23:36
Ok. Thanks a bunch. It helps a lot. Inplementing it into the Map Editor Now!
MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 02:33
Hey, just one question. Is TGC going to ever put the obsolete commands back, such as the 3D animation commands??? It would be nice to know, and if they did, I probably have it and don't know it for I have upgrade 6.2b

It won't show up in my help folder and I tried searching the forums in more than one thread. Should I keep searching or is it a waste of time. Let me know, and thanks in advanced.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 07:38:09
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 07:38:09