Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Suggestions for a Superstore/Mall/Shopping Center Model Pack

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2006 23:54
Hello. This post is for modellers looking for ideas for making a new model pack. My suggestion is either a superstore, mall, or shopping center/store model pack.

This thread is also for people who would be interested in this model pack to post their suggestions for models which should go in the pack.

I'll start off with a few:
There's already a shopping cart somewhere here on the forums, so we don't need one of those.
But we do need:

a cash register
a checkout counter
clothing aisles
display shelves
fluorescent overhead lights
gum and candy racks

store windows
store doors (you know, the glass doors)

store segments
parking lot segments

If someone wanted to go all-out and make a Mall-Pack, here are some more suggestions:
Different store themes, such as shoe stores, clothing stores, music stores, book stores, toy stores, electronic stores, department store, a food court, railing (if it's a two-story mall), an escalator, a fountain, etc.

Let's get the creative juices flowing and everybody put in some suggestions

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 00:18
we definatley need a mall pack. along with that school pack someone has.

some sugestions:
1. arcade room scenery, like arcade machines, prize area, the quarter machines, ticket counter, and all sorts of other things.

2. The 60-70's surpluss store! with neon lights, disco balls, lava lamps, bead-curtains, bean bags, shag rugs, and all the fasion accerories of the age.

3. what mall would be complete without a... FURNITURE STORE!!!

4. a used game store. what mall have you been in without a Gamestop or something similar?

5. "little kid land" with all of those fluffy and stupid looking little animals, the cheap-o trains and the annoying books!

6. DUKE NUKEM PARADISE! Weapons, ammo, babes, babe magazines, gum (becuase of the quote), and all of the other things a growing Duke needs to be healthy and strong.

7. comic book store is definately needed.

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!
Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 00:41
Great suggestions! Keep them coming

Another suggestion:
a mannequin

When there's
no more room in HELL
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 01:29
Quote: "mannequin
"

are those the fat animals that float in the water?

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!
Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 01:34
Are you talking about hippos?

No, mannequins are fake people for displaying clothes:

When there's
no more room in HELL
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 05:21
You know I made a post who knows how long ago about making a store pack but nobody ever posted they wanted it so I didn't make much for it.
However.there is a florescent light in the WWII\wall furniture folder.
Mattess made a shopping cart a while back.
Making glass windows is simple.Either make another texture dead black (R,G,B all set at 0) or you can use a layer mask to make the window invisible or see through.Or you can retexture a window to a grayish black color to simulate the glass.
I uploaded the fullview window that I retextured without the bio symbol on it.You can use that as well.
If people are actually interested in this now maybe somebody will be willing to work on it.

Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 06:42
I've seen a few people looking for ideas.

When there's
no more room in HELL
james simmons
Years of Service
User Offline
I am looking for a model pack of: cash registers, fruit stands, meat cases, ovens,people wearing blue vests with yellow smiley on back of vests, clothing racks, televisions, ect.
I will pay if someone can help me. Thank you

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:18:43
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:18:43