Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Again with a seqment scale question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 18:12 Edited at: 14th Aug 2006 18:18
I have been working and reading up on this one for a while and I'm going to have to break down and ask.....

No matter what I do with the scale of a simple floor seqment I get gaps in FPSC,

Fig.1-

I can make the segment smaller but, I can't seem to fill that last 3% to 5% of scale to fill the gaps between each seqment. Even with changing the scale in the .fps file. Have any of you guys run into this? Thanks again.

EDIT- sorry that screenie is a little larger than I thought.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v459/JABO/Portflio/
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 19:41
Not sure why you had to make a new floor tile. I'd have to belive if this is an actual 3% gap your floor tile 1.5% smaller then what the real tile is and you should zoom in closer when trying to mimic the size in whatever modeler your using. I never have made a floor tile but I did make a corner for the segment editor for wall_a.x There didn't seem to be a corner for it with just a base( what looked to me like a 1x6 or 8) and mouldings( which was also 1x6 or 8) all the rest had like cove mouldings or chair rails and never matched up right. I had to be very precise when making this so it fit in seamlessly with the stock FPSC segment entities.

Why not just use the stock floor_a.x or whatever it's called. I mean even if your trying to make a variation of this tile for say rough ground pull the tile in and add some cut's to it to produce more polys to work with. I'd think this would be easier in the first place.
Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:13
A floor tile is 100x100 pixels. THis may not help, but if you wanna make easy double height rooms, with one single texture you can make a segment wall thats 200 pix high!

But I agree with locrian, just copy the default floor out of the meshbank, and open it in whatever modeller you use.

PS, locrian, I spelled your name right for the first time ever!!

JABBER
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:48
Thx guys, I Used milkshape to import the FloorA.X and then exported to .3DS, learned from the other "Covert This" thread. I'm posting it here just in case someone else searches for this in the future.
I just picked something I thought would be simple for my first segment from scratch, Lesson learned Thanks again.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 06:17:07
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 06:17:07