Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Three free transparent water decals by Mr Love

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: MAFIA 2
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:05
Im pretty new to this, but I think they became pretty good... I said to uman that if I can make theese decals transparent, I will give them to the community for free.. Ofcourse uman helped Me as He always help everybody. So here they are as promised, three free water_wave_decals.. I think they are ok, but I have exported theese by My Mac, so please tell Me if they works...

Mr Love

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:18
I'll try it and upload a screeny

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:26
they work well, and fit together correctly. they don't fit together so well if you place the different types of water next to each other. good job. screeny atatched.

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!

Attachments

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:31
Use the B button to make the decals fit together.. (Press the "B" button twice..)
Im happy that they work!

I want to see a FPSC Professional! And lets make it REALLY expensive this time......
RichMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:35
Thankyou for this, these will help alot of people I'm sure

Well done
RichMan

'Making safer worlds through superior firepower' - UAC
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:38
you figured it out

Well,nice water Mr.Love.

good contribution.

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:39
Thanks for the water.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:50
Happy You liked it.. They are ok but not perfect.. Its really hard to do calm water, but I think that soft_waves looks at least, a little bit calm.. I hope that it will help many forum members...

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:53
You are welcome Fred. And everybody else also ofcourse...

Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 20:56
Thanks for the water, it works great! (and thanks for the tip about pressing B, I've been placing decals freehand all this time lol)

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH
Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 21:04
Nice work, Mr Love, and thank you for sharing. (And I agree with Walking Dead about the pressing B tip - I've also been hand placing my decals. So thanks for that also. Makes me wonder what other things I'm complicating for myself. ).
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 21:12
Quote: "soft_waves"

that's the one I liked the most. Could you please try to do a decal that's like theese water ones, but in blood

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 21:16
No probs.. FredP dont worry, I have made theese decals all by Myself, with legal textures...
About the pressing B tip - Why cant We find theese things in the manual?

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 21:22
Very Nice Mr Love, I kinda see how you did it and it looks very nice! better than the water i did.

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 21:34
Maybe You shourldnt see how I did it? Another Guy made water that looked alost like the Half Life water. He said that He will release it soon... Thats what I am waiting for!
Thanks for the kind words Disturbing 13.. Time for Me to help You for a change!

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx a lot for the water looks great.

With the right textures and lighting you can get a good effect.

Screenshot

Attachments

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 02:52
Looks good; great work.

-Keith

Steam Assassin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 03:34
Thanks a lot, Mr. Love! This is the best looking water I have seen so far.

I used to have one of those signs, but then realized how annoying it was...
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 04:15
s4real:
Thanks for the nice screenie. Nice to see the water in "action".. The more light You use, the more transparent the water looks.. (But You can set the transparence Yourself ofcourse..)

KeithC:
Thanks Keith! Looking forward to see My waves in Your next "TopGame"...

Paper Assassin:
Im happy You liked the decals! This is only My 3rd try making waves, I still think it can look better.. But I will take a break from this for a while.. Thanks for Your kind words!

To all of You:
Post some screenies of the waves, wourld be cool to see...

Airslide
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 19:02
Whoa, these are good! Thanks

Are they allowed for commecial use?

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 22:19
Airslide:
I guess You didnt read the ReadMe file.. Yes they are free for commercial use...
Im happy that many seems to like the waves.. Nice that You like them too...

aeroware:
I wourldnt ask money for this, its only three decals.. You can add sound to theese waves as well if You add sound to the fpe file.. Havnt done it Myself yet though.. Nice You liked them as well..
The waves are ok, but far from perfect...

Please post screenies of the waves in action...

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 02:46
Mr Love my hats off to you for making this decal...

The look is perfect for many projects but I know I am totally missing something here especially after looking at aeroware screenshot...

I just can not get this to align correctly I tried everything I can think of "yes read the manual to" I have also tried your B key to align the decal... But mine is a height issue and tried the U key for aligning it but I just can not get it to level... So what am I missing to align this decal correctly. Below is a screen to show what I am saying here

See I just can not get this to ground level it sets above just a tid bit...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 02:49
hit enter?

www.Disorder-Creations.com
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
i am new a fps and i was wonder just were do i put them in the fps files so i can add tem into my game pizzz help
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 03:04 Edited at: 16th Aug 2006 03:23
Okay the enter key gave me no results even if I took the wave entity over a ground segment to see if it will align on the floor and still same results...

----edit-----

I just went ahead and made some trim to go around the water with magicfps for a quickfix hopefully we will come up with the actual fix for later use.... Hey thanks for the quick reply though and still looks good and very usefull even to me Mr Love my hats still off to you...

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 08:22
CLIPs:
LOL.. Never thought that I wourld be that popular in USA.. No Bloodeath 6 6 6, You cant use enter (return) with decals... Im pretty sure that You can contol the height with some fpe scripting.. But decals shourld be a bit over the ground.. Most often You have the water at a lower level than the ground, and when its lower, You can also build walls around it... Take a look at s4reals screenshot..
And I say thank You for the flattering comments..

butyouman:
Just follow the file direction in the ReadMe note, then just empty Your folder there.. About the dds texture , it shourld still be in the "decal_folder".. (There are two decal folders at two different places in FPSC, read the ReadMe note to find both of them.)

Really cool that theese decals wourld be so popular!

The paradox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 03:15
how do you get the water into the game? wen i downloaded it it just saved as a folder

i have 2 broken arms because daddy had to tell me twice
The paradox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 03:48
i pressed the download buttion about 5 times now and i save the stupid thing into user file i use the fps creator and its not there can somone help?

The paradox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2006 03:57

The paradox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2006 17:46
okey now i downloaded it correctly but it dosent come into the level its really wierd, i saved it were you said to save it and i put the decal on the level but nothing happens

Mr Love
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2006 10:43
I hope You fixed it! I dont think anyone else had this problem though.. Send a screenshot if You want. Its always fun to see how People use the water.. I think this water is nice, but I will try to make a more realistic version pretty soon...

the fps gamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2007 10:37 Edited at: 30th Jan 2007 12:56
cool water i like is it for commercial use ?

visit [url/]http://paralyzegames.googlepages.com/[url]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 05:14:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 05:14:27