Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Window Texture Question:

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 22:14
Sup guys,(and gals I guess)
Heres my deal; The game I'm doing I've got the model shown below. I will end up making this a teleportation device. This way I can further the story by going to different sections and it won't seem like "How the heck did I just get here". Since teleportation dose not really go with a modern theme I decided I'd make a car the device.
You'll walk up to it and be teleported, then the next section would contain the story zone and tell of the story of how you got where.
Otherwise, this is going to be a pretty integral part of the game, and how you get around.

Heres my question; I'm not sure how well I like the window colors. As you can see its not done so nows the chance to change things before I move on to another project. I've looked at a few car models and not found any way of representing glass that I really cared for. I don't want to make this a transparency as it's weighing in nice at 920 tris, but if I had to actually do a interior that would jack it. Dose anyone have any suggestions, or can give some reference......Or is this fine with you and I'm nit picking to much.....

Comments?......Suggestion?
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2006 23:29
i dont think your gonna get a nice looking effect unless you either:

1) model a basic interior and use transparency on the windows
2) use shaders for a cube reflect or high specular shine

otherwise, your just gonna have to go with a dirty static window, but thats just my opinion, i often find glass awkward to texture when your "trying to make it see-through"

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 00:29
I usually use a grayish-black type color to simulate glass...you seem to have done something similar.
FPSC seems to have issues with see-through glass.
While I have made a clear window in FPSC and you can see through it the light doesn't reflect off of it,etc.
I like the car model.It looks good.

Walking Dead Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 01:15
I like the tinted window textures the way they are

When there's
no more room in HELL
the dead will walk the EARTH
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2006 01:24
Jon the problem with the shader route, is apparently my graphics card can't deal with FPSC when you choose the highest settings. I mean the games play but I get a message saying my card can't handel it and I shouldn't play cause I wouldn't see game as intended. This is kinda screwy cause I see everything else fine and all others games shaders and stuff. So basically what I'm saying is with FPSC I can't tell if I've achieved the look I want.

I don't want to model an inside but I may have to. Maybe I'll do the back window like I was going to and look at it in game. Just don't know.

And thanks Fred.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 06:28:03
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 06:28:03