Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Problems texturing in 3ds Max

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I am oh so close to creating custom entities using 3ds Max. The one thing that is stopping me is the material editor when using custom textures. I was able to create one FPS usable enity but I think I got the custom texture for it to work by accident, almost. I have not been able to do it again. I keep trying to load into the editor but it wont drag & drop onto the object. I almost got it to work again but the textured object was all pixelated. I've read every tutorial I can get my fingys on but no luck. Yay I am the guy who created those wierd mobster textures. Thanx

Dweller
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 07:42
There is a video tutorial on the forum if you just used the search feature and try the word UV Map

Bond1 made the video I believe

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=79275&b=24

Here got the forum link for ya using the search feature

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 08:17
Nothing screams I have warez copy of 3dmax like a thread like this.

I could be a smartalec and give you the tutorial volume on the cd you don't get when you get a warez copy, but I'll refrain from that as I've done it so many times even I'm board of me typing it.

Let me give you a little clue; don't post another thread like this. If you have a question concerning 3dmax ask on the autodesk forums if you've got the jewels to do so.

If your not getting a plugin.....that we can understand. But don't post stuff again thats in the users manual/tutorials that come with 3dmax......

Really mods I think Bonds tutorial should be removed as good as it is. Theres no reason at all for anyone to ask how to do something in 3dmax if they have a legit copy....and I'm sure bond and the TGC team can vouch for this.......its all there...on the non install disk.
CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 08:31 Edited at: 16th Aug 2006 08:32
You know I totally agree with Locrian that if this is a warez thing then you shouldnt be here on this forum looking for info... Stealing is just that Stealing no matter if you download it or walk away with the product out of the store...

With that said now lets play devils advocate here... What if he has the extra CD for the tutorials etc and this is new to him and what if he didnt read the manual...Look at this forum there are a ton of people who buy the software and never reads the manual...

Now to flip it one more time and why I agree with Locrian here Autodesk is not cheap by any means and your average joe can not afford to pop several grand on software especially when there pc only cost them a few hundered so with that said I said enough...

I know I sound skitzo here...hmmm good idea for my next game level...

----Edit----
Mod can you lock this thread we went a little off topic here....ty

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 08:49
Clips man...there is no "If". I'll be posting in a sec once I take some screen shots to show the mods and such why any question pertaining to 3dmax could never be explained 1/10th as well as what the documentation dose.

I can get questions about exporting to .x and plugins and such, or orientation. But not any function thats native to 3d max....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 06:16:37
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 06:16:37