Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / how do you model a charactor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 19:27
i need a modeling programme thats super easy lol
and please can some one tell me how to proply model a charcter
cus on a a few modling programmes ive tryed i can only get on a roud circle and squres and stuff and i carnt make a person at all please tell me how.
Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 19:37
No program is super easy. Blender is free, and the best bet is to look up Blender on google. Milkshape is 25$ or something, and people have the files for the figures. Any modeling question is best posted in that soft wares forums. The site your currently posting on about FPSC, and is the to show things you know how to model and got in the game....
bond1
Years of Service
User Offline
Unfortunately there is no "super easy" modelling program, it takes time to learn a skill like this.

And something as complex as a character is even more involved. Even making a low-poly character takes careful planning. You have to plan from the start how to build your model so it deforms correctly when animation is applied. Then you have to UV map it, texture it, then rig it.

It's probably not the answer you're looking for, but to this day there is still no simple program that makes building a game character a drag and drop process.

----------------------------------------
"Your mom went to college."
My FPSC stuff at http://hyrumark.zftp.com/FPSC/hyrumarkfpsc.htm
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 19:50 Edited at: 16th Aug 2006 19:51
*repeats the above message*

Characters are especially hard, because they have to actually look convincing, its all good when your making box's and crates, but characters need extremely detailed textures with a lot of fine work, if you are going to paint them, you literally have to draw reality onto your texture. Modelling is the same, human (and creature) anatomy can be very difficult and to top it off, as bond said, you will need to optimize the mesh for the animation process so there is no ripping, this and a clean polygon flow alongside complicated anatomy is rather baffling sometimes. in some cases it can often be best to go off and study the human body for a while, even the basics.

of course you could always resort to something like poser, however i can guarantee you will never get the model that YOU want, if you want something perfect, it takes the person you perceives it to create it

james hardy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 19:51
i tryed blender but it was stupid and wasnt 3d enough is there any thing that was starange i need some that alows you too modify or change exsting charcators aswell wat fgps creator already gives you becouse thats easy i dunno thanks for you tips
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 19:54
Quote: "wasnt 3d enough "

do you even know what you are doing?

if you want to modify a FPSC character, you'll have to find a modelling program with a .x importer

james hardy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 19:55
o rite is that gamespace or something like that has it
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 19:58
How is Blender not 3D enough? How is Blender stupid? You can import them and then mess with the mesh's. do a little reading on blender and then try the tutorials. that is the only real way you are going to get comfortable with a program. If you really want to learn to model you should get blender and accomplish the tutorials. and then it's the amount of time that you spend learning that will be the deciding factor as to the ease of use.

RF
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 20:11
character studio works and is free.

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 22:01
...Blender SUCKS.i had it 2 years back,even anim8or is better then that what i remember.

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
Kerithion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 23:51
I'm teetering on the brink of buying the full version of Caligari Gamespace after testing to destruction the Lite version. I like it alot because the interface suits me. Very intuitive compared to other software I've tried.

Weird how people get loyal and territorial about modelling packages they like, isn't it?
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2006 23:56
I've used GameSpace/TrueSpace for over a year or so now. It's pretty good for people starting out, or for people that like the icon driven interface. I'm moving into LW9 now, but I'm still use Caligari's products during the transition.

-Keith

james hardy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 15:33
thanks.
Heckno
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 00:47
FYI - Milkshape will import x files.... Great software for beginners just learning to model low poly 3-d elements, you will need another source for decent mapping of models as milkshapes is not up to par...
Silent Thunder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 01:09
i would say anim8or, the software is free, easy to use and has tons of tutorials.

3.2 Ghz PD Processor, 2 GB of (667 Mhz) RAM, 10,000 RPM HD,
ASUS GeForce 7950 GX2 (1 GB of onboard video memory)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:24:17
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:24:17