Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / my mistake but still hope to release the re-textures

Author
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx uman for locking the post and the pack has been taken of the net.

I like to say i made a mistake with this pack and have now sorted the problem.

I still would like to release the texture's as a retext pack if that still is ok.

Leason learnt on this one.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 20:35
Re-texture packs are OK to distribute (several people have done that before...like GPS's re-texture of Aiko) in the forums.

-Keith

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 20:48 Edited at: 17th Aug 2006 20:52
Not sure that it is in a standalone situation I suppose it depends on how much retextured - retextured means. Its not something that I can answer with certainty.

The problem you may have here is that if Mods are uncertain they may act to protect TGC interest and may not give any such thread the benefit of the doubt. Unless a thread and its content clearly meets with all rules and guidelines and the Mods interpretation of those then a user risks some action being taken against it.

I would suggest you contact someone from TGC via the support pages and seek clariffication.

You need to ask TGC directly and be safe rather than sorry.

That will also hopefully aviod you getting on and spending time carrying out work that may be wasted.

Makes good sense to ask first.

While you await a response you could spend the valuable time learning more about FPSC - or modelling or texturing.

I hope that helps.

EDIT : Sorry Keith has given a reply and done so before me - A braver man than I.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 21:10
I'm going with Keith on this one...As a retexture would be your own work and you wouldn't be distributing the model.
You have have to own FPSC and /or the models in question to put the textures to good use.
We have had retextures released before and nobody has gotten struck with a blunt object...I think.
As always,if I am wrong I am sure Rich will let me know.

s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
I thought doing re-textures for models was ok i have seen a few on the forum before.

I might leave this for now but i did have a thread saying about the pack before release(with pictures) to try and cover myself on this one.

But i do understand that mods have to look after TGC.

I have put a screen shot for mods to help on this one.

Thanx every one on this and just trying to give something new for people to use sorry if i broken any rules.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Richard Davey
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 21:37
I told the mods by email, but just to state it here - yes posting re-textures is ok. Just don't post the actual model file itself

s4real - full respect to you for your response on this one. Most people here would have started forming a circle of peasants with pitchforks, all clamering at the Mod Towers, screaming blue murder.

Your response was a refreshing change, long may you persist in these forums!

"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender, Futurama
No pixels were harmed in the making of this post
"Don't ping my cheese with your bandwidth"
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanx richard for the reply.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 22:18
Now I hope you will release the textures.

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 10:56 Edited at: 18th Aug 2006 12:17
Seriously, dude, you had some [mod edit] skins on those characters. Sad that your post got locked.

Formerly JMC...
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 12:18
First of all,swearing is against the rules.
Secondly,he has posted two of the textures already and I believe he has two more to go.

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Swearing?

OH! Now I remember how I initially worded that. Sorry, Fred, I forgot about the no-swearing thing. That won't happen again.

Formerly JMC...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 06:27:27
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 06:27:27