Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / whats the better deal to buy????? help please....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 18:29
ok, well, somebody help please. i wanna know what the [/b]BEST[b] deal is to buy this stuff. i want to get the DarkBASIC, & DarkMATTER. i also want a good 3D designer type thingy. but im really confused...because i dont know exactly what i should get, (me being a newbie and all). any ideas/suggestions, on what i should buy for starters?
P.S: i want to make a 3D game
"I do what the voices inside my head tell me to do" $ephirø†h
bitJericho
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 18:51 Edited at: 10th Apr 2003 18:52
well, nobody says you have to get a 3d designer thingy yet.... get to know the language and its capabilities, and in the mean time you will have plenty of time to try out 3d designer thingy demos... and if I were you I'd get dbpro, just because its buggy now, doesnt mean it will forever...

if your absolutely sure you dont want dbpro, or want to wait on it...then I suggest dbclassic with darkmatter package....

Obear
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2003 03:45 Edited at: 12th Apr 2003 03:46
Dark basic, even 1.3 with no dark matter comes with a HECK of a lot of 3D modles for you to use, from aircrfat to characters to lamp posts to furniture to weapons. so you wont really need a 3D designe thingy staright away, get the codeing worked out first.

just for your information a the 2 best 3D packages you can get for FREE are

Milkshape 3D
GMAX (3d studio max's little brother)

Once you have been tweekign around with these for a while and got the 3D designe working for you, you can then think about shelling out some cash for one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:55:45
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:55:45