Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / whats the difference between....

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 18:58
[b]hi yeah, me again....erm...new question. this time i wanna know, what the difference is between darkmatter, and darkbasic. are they two different servers that you can make games with? like, two different creators? or is darkmatter just a big big enhancement with a whole lotta stuff for the darkbasic?
i also have another question.... everything that you can buy on this site, all of the different "Creators" like of music, sound effects, textures, etc. everything you make with those, can you put those into your game?
"I do what the voices inside my head tell me to do" $ephirø†h
Danmatsuma
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 19:17
Weheeey that's confused...

But here goes.
Darkbasic 1.13 is a code editor and compiler with an inbuilt help system.

Darkmatter is a collection of textures, animated objects, and it also adds enhanced features to the Darkbasic compiler like multiplayer commands and memblocks which it sounds like you really don't need to worry about, save that it turns Darkbasic 1.13 into darkbasic 1.13enhanced.

A server is basically a computer geared to "serve" information to a network, like the internet for instance, so you could use your computer as a server if you wanted people to be able to connect to it and download stuff for instance.

And most of the tools on this site are specifically geared towards using the output in darkbasic games but some are geared more towards pro and others towards 1.13.

Oh and Darkbasic PRO is also a code editor and compiler with way more features and commands than Darkbasic 1.13.

ZX Spectrum 48k Issue 3, Radio shack Tape drive, Rank arena 12" T.V. set.
Sephiroth9999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 20:32
Weheeey that's confused...

But here goes.
Darkbasic 1.13 is a code editor and compiler with an inbuilt help system.

Darkmatter is a collection of textures, animated objects, and it also adds enhanced features to the Darkbasic compiler like multiplayer commands and memblocks which it sounds like you really don't need to worry about, save that it turns Darkbasic 1.13 into darkbasic 1.13enhanced.

A server is basically a computer geared to "serve" information to a network, like the internet for instance, so you could use your computer as a server if you wanted people to be able to connect to it and download stuff for instance.

And most of the tools on this site are specifically geared towards using the output in darkbasic games but some are geared more towards pro and others towards 1.13.

Oh and Darkbasic PRO is also a code editor and compiler with way more features and commands than Darkbasic 1.13.
oohhh!! ok! thank you!

"I do what the voices inside my head tell me to do" $ephirø†h
DangYankee
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2003 20:58 Edited at: 10th Apr 2003 21:04
You left one out. If you don't want the full Darkmatter

DarkBASIC Enhancement Pack
This inexpensive upgrade adds many new and exciting advanced features to DarkBASIC. It is the same Enhancement Pack as we sold with DarkMATTER except you can buy it on its own. This product is delivered electronically only.
Feature List:

Multi-player support for LAN/Internet based games
DLL support - extend DarkBASIC further than ever before
Memblock Access - handle and access DarkBASICs memory structure
Back Buffer support - get into the inner workings of DarkBASIC
Registry support - write to and read from the Windows registry
Environmental Audio - add EAX effects to your games now!
The DarkBASIC Enhancement Pack will upgrade any full version of DarkBASIC * to v1.13, adding over 190 new commands to V1.08.

It's not the size of your code but how efficiently you use it!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-20 03:51:31
Your offset time is: 2024-09-20 03:51:31