Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / The world's biggest ever text adventure?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2006 23:54
It's all retro at Sonic 91 Software. The recent text adventure compo made me think again about creating a very large text adventure. I realised this will be too big and too painstaking for media (except maybe music and sound), so the only graphics will be basic shapes etc. that can be drawn with db. (BTW, it will be written in db classic).

A working title for the project is "World Domination" and the idea (which I am sure 99% will be the final idea) is a young man (18 years old) with a budget of $xx,xxx (don't know yet!) sets out to set up a business, and as the business grows, buy out others and set up more and open new branches in other cities all over the world, according to public demand. The goal is to [do something - I don't know yet!] by the time the man reaches retirement age of 65. Good idea for a game, or good idea for a heart attack?

I am a Christian and I know that God loves me. That is what makes my life so great!
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 00:06
Um, yeah...

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com. Register and expand our community. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Sonic 91 Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 00:09
Quote: "Um, yeah..."

Um, what...?

I've just decided that it will delve so deeply into life that it will include a stock market in each country, tax, etc. plus bills for fuel and travel, ability to buy vehicles, get a mobile phone to phone your business partners/stock people. So complicated... yet so good...

I am a Christian and I know that God loves me. That is what makes my life so great!
Opposing force
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 00:11
Great story but it is just a story. This is the showcase board so you need something to show. This really belongs in the Game Design theory board.

visit http://teammegabasic.proboards59.com. Register and expand our community. Registration is free and only takes a minute.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 00:42
Sounds good but you need more before you post a WIP . Good luck with it .

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Ginga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 02:09
nice.. if you need ne help gimme a shout, am sure i code write short snippets for you n send ur way.
Hobgoblin Lord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 02:26
Sonic sounds ok, but the whole sets up branches per public demand, has x dollars to make buisness and all, seems to make this more of a strategy game then a text adventure. A text adventure is designed to tell an interactive story and utilize the imagination of the player not for them to try to min/max a coffe shop. Just my opinion

http://www.cafepress.com/blackarrowgames
Check out my great stuff here
Sonic 91 Software
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2006 09:47
Good point, hobgoblin, it shall be a strategy game. But commands shall be entered via the keyboard, just like a text adventure, so it sort of combines the two. I'll get cracking right away and in the future I'll post something that is worthy of being on the WIP board.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 16:27:34
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 16:27:34