Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Crosshair Mousecursor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello there,
i am planning to do a very little shooter (a bit like house of the dead, but much less complex). How do i get a mousecursor on screen, and how do i change it?.
I also want to have the camera standing fixed, but it should be possible to move the cursor in an area on the front side of the playerposition, which is a bit larger than the screen. Like, if the screen covers a viewing field of about 70 degrees, i want the active field for the mouse cursor to be 100 degrees, and each time the cursor gets close to the edges, it should scroll in that direction. Would that be possible in DB?
Thanks
Heiner

Imagination rules!!!
Ginga
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2006 15:38
theres 2 ways of doing this, use a sprite with transparency/textured plain(if its 3d), or use the basic dot/line commands to draw the crosshair at mousex() and mouseY().

For the wrapping, you will need to use mousex, mousey again. sumit like this (off the top of my head)

hope this helps, use the Help on DB to get more for the commands.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 07:38:33
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 07:38:33