Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / [LOCKED] Character Modelers Please Look at this thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 02:12
I am willing to fork out cash on this so please take me serious on this...

So character modelers please make a bid for a human shape character fully animated and if the price is right then we got a deal. I am even willing to pay in advance per model.

What I am looking to do are many character models 1st set is 15 characters 2nd set 22 characters so I understand this will be based piece by piece and I am willing to pay per model on this idea...

I have image files to show the characters I want designed. The character format are all human in shape... None of these models will ever be used for commercial use. For serious inquiries please email me at clips@klanwars.com
[email]

PS
please put your bid in as what you would charge per model.... I know its hard work and takes time I am not looking for any special deals for multiple models we will do this a model at a time so I dont overload any modeler out there...

Thank you....

Have you downloaded your CLiPs today.
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 02:15
£20 a character and you are going to have to use the fpsc animations.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 02:21 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 02:24
Is this for a pack or for a game? If it's a pack nevermind, If you want exclusive models for a game I charge $60.00 a model rigged to the FPSC frame and that is full commercial use.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 02:27
Sorry maybe I wasnt clear enough in my post so hopefully I can answer them here also to help...

No this isnt for pack this is strickly exclusive....

The quality I am looking for is Bond1 skill level...

And yes FPSC Animation are totally exceptable...

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 02:32
No, you get my skill level and I up my bid to £300.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 02:36 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 02:39
Quote: "Bond1 skill level"

keep in mind, alot of the textures on those models are composed from photography, its quite simple if you want that quality, i will send you an email including an example of a recent job for someone, in which i used photography, i will not post here, i am not sure if he would want it shown publicly.

have a look at the example, if you are satisfied, i could probably say $40 per model, animated with the FPSC bipeds (with small variations if wanted) and made FPSC ready.
this includes any variations to the base model (e.g an extra zombie version, texture variations etc.)

...sending the example now (i really need to make a demo reel on my website!)

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 00:26 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2006 00:27
Quote: "If it's a pack nevermind, If you want exclusive models for a game I charge $60.00 a model rigged to the FPSC frame and that is full commercial use."

D13, that's relatively cheap compared to some of the prices I've seen lately! I may hit you up in a couple of days then (I don't want to add to Fletcher's already heavy workload), I have a few character ideas for my game that, based on the packs you've released so far, would be right up your alley.

Formerly JMC...
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 01:26
bring em on Yeah some people think I'm crazy for going that low but hey somebody's gotta help the indie guys.

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "bring em on Yeah some people think I'm crazy for going that low but hey somebody's gotta help the indie guys."

Now that's the kind of attitude I'd like to see more of, personally.

This "Why don't you go make it yourself?" mentality I've seen on the boards is not only starting to get really old (I see at least one post like that every other week, if not here then on others on this site), but it gets discouraging to know that people refuse to help even when they are being voluntarily compensated for their work. Isn't the point of these forums to help others out? As long as people are willing to pay, I don't see a reasonable problem, aside from time restraints, why the help couldn't be given. Several modelers could make a decent amount if they were to go this route.

Fangames is one thing, I can see things like that being said then (especially if it's a fangame based off of one EVERYONE plays), but if it's someone like me who can't model worth a crap yet wants to make a serious effort at a commercial game, that kind of discouragement from re-embursing modelers for their efforts is backward, not to mention makes the guy feel like crud because he feels like he's on his own. The last time I tried to model one of my characters using a trial version of 3DS Max 8, my partner in this venture flat out told me, "No offense, J, but you're better off leaving it to the pros on this one." Story development and level design are my strengths, not 3D modeling. So I'm aware of this and, if the attitude about it weren't so negative, would have asked weeks ago for help. Some of us can't model a piece of cheese pizza, let alone the kinds of things that I would need.

So I'll definitely be emailing you in the next couple days, D13. I have three characters in mind (all of them pretty much required in order for my game's story to work), and one of the characters will be pretty easy given parts of your Grimm Jim pack, but I don't wanna try and mess with it on my own. Besides, you may even be able to add these as another pack on your site, helping others out as well.

Formerly JMC...
Candle_
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 06:02
Both Disturbing 13 & Jon Fletcher are straight up people.

MT Inc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 06:09
hi i sended you an email just reply to me with some images and description of what the character should look like. i would like to give this one a go and to improve my skills in a low price.

cheers,

M.T.I
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 06:19 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2006 06:21
@Gemstone Games-Well The $60. covers exclusivity, so it will be for you and you alone. only thing ya can't do is sell it in a pack. I understand where ya coming from with the way we modelers are sometimes but it's mainly to the freebie beggars that feel the brunt of our wraths. I've always had the $60 deal but never really advertised it because most of the requesters for models want them for free. Allot of these guys are younger and have no money, we understand that, but what they need to understand is it took hard work and study to be able do what we do . It may not be advanced maths like coders do, but it takes an extremely advanced knowlage of geometry and its calculations and deformations in order to make a model not go all wonkey. I admit sometimes we go about it the wrong way when it comes to those wanting to take but not give but for those with something to exchange and show appreciation for our works,were all open arms. Those without we suggest learning to model or at least give it an honest go before asking for freebies. I toss the occasional freebie out of something I just felt like making, and I try to keep my packs small and not exactly walletbreaking for those without the dough. But I honestly never thought that anybody would take me up on the $60 offer. So thanks to you I'll spread that word when someone ask for a specific type of model. When someone like you decides to accually spend money on a model that you specificly want, it shows the dedication to your project and honestly makes the modeler feel that he's working on something worth while.

@Candles Games-Thanks for the kind words!Very much appreciated.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 06:49
I've been known to tell someone to have a go at modeling their own request from time to time, because quite a few people haven't even given modeling a good effort. Of course there are those out there who may have trouble modeling a spoon, let alone a whole character. Some of those artistically inept people, however, are excellent scripters/programmers/sound designers/level designers, etc. They have a skill to barter with. You can have the most evil looking enemy ever conceived; but if he stands there with his finger up his nose while you shoot at him, it doesn't make for a very engaging experience...which is where a good scripter comes in handy.

Then there are those who feel that everything should be free, or nearly free. These people either have no concept of the time and energy it takes to even create a simple object to it's game-ready state; or they just don't care. I even read one user's post stating that no one should be charging for their work, and everything should be free. I guess this is to be expected when the base program only costs $50; imagine if it cost several thousand? Apart from the usual pirates, you'd have mostly professionals or aspiring professionals; who would have a firm grasp on what someone's time and knowledge is worth. Of course, the quality of the model's would have to reflect this as well.

I guess what I'm saying is, as much as James dislikes hearing someone tell another "Why don't you go make it yourself?"; many of us are tired of hearing people say "Gimmie Gimmie".

-Keith

FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 09:38
I still say $60 for a character model that only you have and get the exclusive rights and license to is a good deal.Maybe the best deal you will find anywhere.

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
@Keith:
No, don't get me wrong, if they're asking for it for free when there's clearly more than the standard amount of time to develop it, then you got a point. As a former musician and producer, I feel for you guys heavily on that one. People asked me all the time where their 'free copy' of my latest album was coming out, and I got so sick of that after three straight years of my area wanting nothing but handouts, I quit doing it. I even get asked that now when I tell people I'm working on a videogame! "Can I be a tester? That means I get a free copy, right?"

Days like that, I want a neon purple bunny with a purse to beat on.

I'm talking about those of us more serious guys who understand that there's a lot of hard work involved in these models. Jon, D13, Sinistar, Wetham, and yourself, among with several others, deserve major props and proper compensation for the kinds of models you guys put out, and to expect everything to be for free is naive on most people's parts. When Sinistar released the images of the Duelist droid and the bad hair zombie, my first thought wasn't, "how much is this going to cost", it was "when will they be publically available so I can buy them?" Those two models alone would be worth whatever price he chooses to set for the pack.

It's been my experience, and I'm sure Fred will agree based on his most recent post, anyone who is willing to pay first for the quality you guys dish out on a consistent basis when everyone else is asking for it to be free is worth doing business with, at least on a private level. At least with them, you know you've got someone who's determined to get the project done.

Formerly JMC...
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 13:44
Iam mean to every one that asks for free stuf, so its like Iam mean to every one because thats how I see this forum, its a freebie fest.

I also hate people who mock your work, when they cant do it them selves. So if you think Iam mean, then your right, because nearly half of the members here want it all free.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 16:22 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2006 21:03
my last "client" seems to stand alright with me hosting the images of the model i made for him, so i should think it is alright if i post a link to my website where you can see it, i have submitted it to my gallery:

http://www.redcore.uni.cc

thats photo quality, because it can be composed from high def images that the client has sent. as you will notice from the image, the client obtained full rights and ownership after the model was completed, including secluded access to the source, and the ability to "do anything they want with it" besides resell seperately, or as the standalone model

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 07:17
Did this guy just die or something? I mean he comes here gets us to bid on his work, hires me and drops off the planet after the jobs been started. Not very professional for someone wanting work done. Deal terminated. Jon if he contacts you you can have the job.

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 17:10
Nope didnt drop off the end of the earth.... Sorry for not responding to this post sooner as family issues have kept me from being here.
Disturbing13 and Jon Fletcher I have responded to. I have only sent a sample of what I am looking to do but I have not told either one of you to start any work as I wouldnt think thats fair until money is in your hand.

Jon and Disturbing13 among others have responded and I have had no real time to respond back and I apologise for not being more prompt.

Now this goes to Disturbing13 I have never authorised you to start any work I know you started the head model and looks like the biped and sent me an email sample of the work. I really wish you waited for me to give you the okay to start any work because I certianly would not of waisted any of your time as I am sure your time is very valeuable. If you feel I owe you something then set your price for what you have done already scrape the work and lets be friends and move on.

Now to Jon Fletcher I plan on using you. Sorry guys both Disturbing13 and Jon Fletcher are very reputable people and was a very hard choice between the two but I feel Jon may be a better fit for what I am doing here. Jon I will be dropping an email with full details and all the photoshop photos I mocked up and also get the info on sending a payment here.

Just please be a little patience with me due to my family issues at home.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 17:26
Iam the bad guy and because of that no one knows what I can do with 3D.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 22:25 Edited at: 28th Aug 2006 22:46
Quote from email-(included was a picture of what needed to be modeled)
Quote: "if this looks like something you can do let me know and 40 seems fair to me if this works out all you will have to let me know is where to send the cash to..."

that sounds like a "you have the job" statement, that is why I started already. Very unprofessional of you. You really need to learn a bit more about how to conduct bussiness. I understand if you have family problems but I had sent you immediate responses. I bear no ill will against you, this is strictly a bussiness matter, and don't worry about the model, I'll find another use for it. You don't owe me anything. That's just how I work and have worked in the past. I model, and then send pics for approval before I get paid. This way the customer gets exactly what they want. This way they can take a look at it and say-tweak this , tweak that. When the desired result is reached, I then ask for payment and then the model is sent. You can ask anybody that has gotten exclusive models from me.I mean honestly, why send a pic of what you want unless you were commissioning me; that's where the confusion began. Take care of how you present things in the future.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2006 22:36
I had somebody do that to me once; fortunately I hadn't yet started the model because they wouldn't return my e-mails. Lesson learned, D13. I don't deal with people who take this stance with other artists either.

-Keith

CLiPs
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2006 11:01
you know I wasn't going to respond to this here but I feel I got to make my point... I have a good history in this forum with purchasing stuff from tgc with several packages from them alone and sinistar and tschwarz and anacode and so on and on

Disturbing13 you have no clue what I have just gone through and I am going through but I did send you an email and just name your price and you will have what you feel you earned...

Its your irogance posting on a website of mine that isnt functional yet and your tension in your emails because I didnt respond in your time frame... You want a clue on what I have just went through tell me how you feel once you burried both your parents...

Then tell me you would be worried about a game character of what a messly 40 bucks tell me what 40 buckjs is worth to you when you spend 22,000 in funeral cost's

You know coming to this forum I used to look forward to... Right now I have an extreme sour taste about this place...

Gemstone Games
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I don't care HOW upset you are at him, that is no way to disrespect your parents. You think they'd want you using them as an excuse for mediocre stuff like this?

I'm sorry for what happened, but think about what you're doing for JUST a second....

Formerly JMC...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:21:46
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:21:46