Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Music Help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 02:23
Dark Basic came with a bunch of free music files in its media folder. All of them are MIDI Sequences. The Dark Basic command Load sound says it uses only .wav files and wont run a .midi file (I have no idea of the extention so that could be the problem). Can any one help me?

A picture is worth a thousand words...in basic
Prosaic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 09:27
use the load animation command,and place animation 0,0,1,1 so that its not visible.
Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

If you want to play midi files, use Load Music:

LOAD MUSIC "myfile.mid",1 (the number is a number you pick because you can load many different files and assign each one it's own number so you can reference it later in your program - up to 32)

You may have to use the full path to the midi file as filename.

to play:
PLAY MUSIC 1

LOAD SOUND plays wav files, mp3s... You can play whole songs if you want if they are in the wav or mp3 format, it's just way more resource consuming than a midi file.

LOAD SOUND was intended more for sound effects and stuff. But with today's computers, it's becoming more possible (resource wise) to play full uncompressed scores in .wav format.

Enjoy your day.
Nebin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 15:43
Thank You!

A picture is worth a thousand words...in basic

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-25 07:21:38
Your offset time is: 2024-09-25 07:21:38