Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / [LOCKED] Hospital Tycoon (Real Screenshots!)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 03:34
=Done =Workin' Hard =Desire =Abandoned (sp?) Thought

Fully Textured 3d Models
The Power of Being a Doctor
Full Menus
Readme (real!!)
No Installer
Day and Night Cycle
The Ability of Being a Patient

Now, Screen Shots!

Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 03:46 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 03:50
Post a list
Post bad screenshots
A game

Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 03:53
Umm--- is this serious? Dude--- there needs to be a *LOT* more work done than what you have, before posting a W.I.P. project.

"I understand creative people. After all, I worked with towel designers." - Ray Kassar, former head of Atari
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 03:54
Quote: "Fully Textured 3d Models
The Power of Being a Doctor
Full Menus
Readme (real!!)
No Installer
Day and Night Cycle
The Ability of Being a Patient"

Your screenshots didn't demonstrate a single one of your features. Once again, a bad start with your presentation. Good luck with it though, I hope to one day play one of your tycoon games.

Come see the WIP!
izaboo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 03:55 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 03:57
*sigh* JSG comon you have to get alot more then that to keep a wip alive or even have you game took as a serious project

yet you are getting better
Elite Gaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 03:55
Well, at least this time you've posted in the right forum, and have screenshots. But your probably still going to get flamed.

What is the game about? what can i do? These are things people are going to want to know. And your screenshots are bad. What is that blue/green thing in the middle? What is the bitmap thats been pasted on the screen loads? I think you need to spend more time on getting some sort of functionality to the game before you post here.

Although it is an improvement on previous attempts, so good luck.
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 04:37
well it's an improvement, but still not much, and isn't this like your 20th tycoon game? Stick with one. I can't tell what your screenshots are of.

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 04:56 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 04:57
Quote: "I hope to one day play one of your tycoon games."

Now You Can! Download avalible here:
http://storeandserve.com/download/364499/Hospital_Tycoon_Demo.zip.html
@EliteGaming:
Be a Doctor
Run a Hospital
'Nuf Said

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 04:58
You will when you play the game!

Elite Gaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 05:02
For some reason, i think i'm going to regret downloading this game to try it out. I need more info on the game, what can i do as a doctor for example? Can i kill patients? How do i run the hospital?
Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 05:07
Patient Control (You Have to Wait 1 minute before one arrives)

You perform anything you want to on them.
Running the hosptial:
Pave
Guest Book
Planting Trees
Request Loans (Voice Clips)
Putting in Furniture
-Much,Much More!

Jack
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 05:08 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 05:08
What you can improve in this demo:

Zeus
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 05:25
@Jack: Why do u reply and make fun of this thread? Can you mind your own business? I hope a mode sees you, maybe they can see how you are treating me and put you on newb status. Wait did I spell newb wrong?
I meant noob.

Jerok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 05:52
Quote: "@Jack: Why do u reply and make fun of this thread? Can you mind your own business? I hope a mode sees you, maybe they can see how you are treating me and put you on newb status. Wait did I spell newb wrong?
I meant noob.
"

because this isnt a serious thread from what i can see from you screenshots you havent done much of anythin and what you have done doesnt seem to work yes you technicly follow the guidelines for the wip boad by the fact you have a screenshot but but one is a screen shot of nothing and the other looks like a screen shot of your clicking and dragging not working properly. its good that youve created a game in which you can do something but you need to do more on your game before you start a wip of it from what i have seen of your work you created a wip get flamed and start a new project this is not what the community want we would like to see you make a good game and i believe your games have the potential to be good games but you need to be willing to put more work into them. game-making has no easy way out
Gil Galvanti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 06:26 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 06:26
yes JSG, you've been told before, but I'll tell you again, maybe you'll listen this time. You need to slow down. You've made about 10 tycoon WIP threads, none of which have been even halfway decent, and most of which were locked. This is an improvement, but not much of one. Look at other WIP threads and when your game can compare to those, then, and only then, post a WIP. Also, stick with one game. A game takes more than an hours work to reach a WIP status (especially if it's your first). Read tutorials. Ask questions (as long as they aren't stupid and you can't find the answer in 100 threads that have already been made). You seem to like to ignore the advice people give you, and just act like they didn't post in the first place. At first we (well most of us) tried to be nice, because you were like most every other noob who came in ready to make their dream game in 3 days, so we gave you a reality check and gave you some advice on how to start, but then you turned out not to be like every other noob in the fact that you ignore our advice and continue to make pointless threads and ask already-answered questions or ones that you would know the answer to had you taken our advice and looked at some tutorials. So, although I'm pretty sure this will be yet another overlooked post, please take our advice. Take it down a notch. Don't post when your not ready. Learn the basics and work your way up. Try tutorials. Ask smart questions. And use decent grammar. I'm not trying to be mean, just trying to help you out, hopefully you'll listen this time.

Pirates of Port Royale
Live the life of a pirate.
BULLSHOCK 2
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 06:30
you should release a TYCOON super pack, with all your tycoon games together.

http://www.seqoiagames.com/seqoiacorp/
The crazy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 07:01 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 07:02
wow this is hilarious. someone needs to make a list of all his tycoon threads. And I fully agree with Jack. Make something serious, and he wont say stuff like that to you.

Quote: "Wait did I spell newb wrong?
I meant noob."

Dude, thats hilarius you say that. If anyone is a noob, it's you.

[EDIT] whats a mode?

Uncle Sam
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 07:30 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 07:32
Once again Jordan, this is what I call 10 minutes of coding, for me of course.

Quote: "Umm--- is this serious? Dude--- there needs to be a *LOT* more work done than what you have, before posting a W.I.P. project."

Lock, or better yet, delete!

Quote: "The Power of Being a Doctor"

Which includes.....???

Uncle Sam
Nvidia Geforce 7600 GS 256MB PCIEx, 2.66 GHZ Pentium 4 proccessor, 768MB RAM
Need particles? Click here!
BiggAdd
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 07:36
Damnit Jack You made me loose the game!

Calling DavidT! You lost the game!

lower logic
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I think the game has some potential.

Here, JSG, I tried to improve the game a little, since you included the source code. I know I'm not the neatest coder but I hope it helps, as I think this game could be really good. You'll need to make a new .dba file in the same folder as the current one, and then open it and paste this code into it to compile it. I compiled it using DBP, so it may need a little tweaking for DBC, but I don't think I used any DBP-only code.

Heal patients and then will give you money. Shock them and they will take money. I also added a nice clock. I removed the blinking, but again things my be different between DBC and DBP. I think there is a better way to do the paving, where you just have a matrix and check the texture of different tiles to the texture of the pave, but I didn't add that in. Also, instead of loading stuff several times, I re-wrote parts so it just loads each image once. Hope it helps you in some way, and good luck!
jasonhtml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 08:48 Edited at: 21st Aug 2006 08:51
Quote: "Be a Doctor
Run a Hospital
'Nuf Said"

ok, here are somethings that have been nagging for me to say. ive mostly backed off from this but apparently, ur persisting...

1. saying "Be a Doctor, Run a Hospital" is NOT "'Nuf Said"

Quote: "'Nuf Said"
did u copy that from another forum member? i swear that ive seen someone else say that before... and, even if you didnt 'steal' it, uve said it way to much. it doesnt make you cool or anything and it just bugs me because your wrong that its not "'NUF SAID"....

3. what is a 'real' screenshot??? arent screenshots.. just screenshots?

4. what are your screenshots showing? a cube... some text... some pixelated grey stuff? a tycoon isnt a realistic goal if this is truely all you can make in 10 hours or whatever you clame it to be. so, as for help for you, try to make a simple puzzle game with colored cubes or something. you dont always need uber graphics or awsome gameplay to make your first game. no one expects it...

Thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=78971&b=8&p=0
*New Website Coming Soon*
Jeku
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 10:21
Alright, I'm locking this because it's nothing but flamebait.

JSG - Listen to the advice of others, or you'll find all of your threads will get locked. Your thread is getting a lot of attention--- attention away from other *deserving* games, which just isn't fair.

75% of this thread is flaming.

"I understand creative people. After all, I worked with towel designers." - Ray Kassar, former head of Atari

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 16:29:15
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 16:29:15