Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, all. First of all, please DO NOT flamebait here.

I'm making a game, Project FPS. But I need a model, a robot model to be the final boss of the game.

I have 2 models I found here, but they're not done as characters.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=84087&b=24

and

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=80446&b=24

I would like to know if there is anyone that can convert them to animated characters FPSC ready. Credit given, of couse.

Project FPS - started development.
Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 21:12
The First one by loricon can be used for and enemy just put it in its files ont he e editor

super cool timmy turner has fairy godparents and i am not a mad science teacher i am a real boy so FAIRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry, didn't understand. The first model is a weapon. It's possible to convert to a character?

Connor Higgins
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 21:34
ohh sorry with the loricon thing it has an enemy inside it sorry

super cool timmy turner has fairy godparents and i am not a mad science teacher i am a real boy so FAIRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2006 22:19
Only way your going to get a custom mech is if you pay for it.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 01:41
Higgins is right.Most likely the only way anyone will make a custom character for you is if you pay them.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 06:26
I didn't check the links but I'm being mentioned(well close enough that I know they mean me)

Originally it was ment as a gun and the arms are kinda connected to the body. I suppose you could use the FPSC animations and remove the layers of the arms and head and such parts of the animation. Or take it into your modeling progarm and modify the model to suit your needs.

Really wasn't intended to be a walking entity but I wish you luck and would love to see its use if ya get it straightened out.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 06:30
I can do a custom job for you for $60.00. That's my going rate.

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 06:36
Quote: "$60.00"

thats more than fpsc

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 06:45
but thats for a custom charcter to your desighn that belongs to you and exclusively you. It also comes in different formats. i do work with other engines that cost waaay more than FPSC. That's my general price and it's lower than most you'll find.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 06:57
Quote: "Quote: "$60.00"

thats more than fpsc"

That's exactly the type of response we are discussing on this thread right now.

What disturbing13 is offering is a great deal, especially for exclusive rights; which means he only makes money ONCE for all his effort. I wish people would stop basing what media (especially exclusive custom media) costs, off of the cost of FPSC. There's going to come a time when many of the artists here move on to places that will pay them for what their work is worth.

-Keith

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 06:59 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2006 07:00
Thanks for the backup KiethC From this and your other post I see you understand where I'm coming from.

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 07:36
60$ is only 20 an hour if you can do it in 3 hours from start to finish meaning concept-ingame. 20 an hour is cheap. No one can help this system isnt that expensive. Heh, character voice over actors want 100$ an hour( 2 hour min) and thats working non union. You don't wanna go though their agents...thats the price off their sites....

Games aren't cheap if you want custom......
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 09:35
I hate to tell you this...especially since I have brought it up before...but TGC gives you a heck of a deal on its model packs.
If you go outside of FPSC and try to buy comparable models you better have one huge budget...models are not cheap (except for in these forums).
Add in that you are the only person who is using these models and that you have the exclusive rights and license and that they are custom made and Disturbing is making you an excellent deal.
Check and see how much they charge to make models for games.
You'll be grateful you only paid $60.
Modelers don't come cheap.
The forum members ought to be grateful that people release free and offer low cost models here.
You won't find any kind of deals close to the ones you get on the TGC forums.Period.

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 13:47
Thr forums are full of kids and cheap people and they have it in their head that models grow on trees. Pay up or get lost.
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm not asking for a brand new exclusive model.

I'm just asking if anyone can convert the first model (in my first post) into a character model (enemy).

Is it possible?

By the way, is there any free .x to .3ds converter?

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 17:08
I told you what and how you could do it. It's no simple task. Because it's not ment to be a moving figure you have to; import it into your modeling prog/break the arms from the waist section/replace polys/re-UVmap/rig/animate.

Basically it's nearly as much work as making a new mech only that you have a little of the base to work with.

Not sure how else to tell you this but I'd think I'd know considering I made the model in the first place your talkin about.

Loc
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
Can you provide the original source? (Before converted to 3ds)

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 17:49
You mean the .max file? I mean it was never converted to 3ds...it was converted to .x. I don't think I've got a version left where it's still all in pieces(as in upper arm/elbow/forearm/cockpit piece/gun). All I've got is the version you yourself could convert. You'd want this all in pieces to animate cause you wouldn't want joints to bend and distort. It would look funky if the gears on the elbows distorted to move. Or the legs. Machines need to be rigged much different then organic.

I'm going to post the version I use as a converter in another thread as I see by searching for a x to 3ds converter can't be found by the search engine. The threads have to be named right for people to find them.
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
So, there isn't any Robot character FPSC ready out there?

I tried to search, but nothing...

SpyDaniel
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2006 22:18
Can you pay? Because I might make you a mech.
bdgbdg
Years of Service
User Offline
I have no money right now...

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 16:46
learn to model yourself?

a simple but effective option.

e-Drome Productions website,we renewed one with 1GB of webspace and Paypal!w00t!

e-Drome website
Reality Forgotten
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 20:07
I plan on working on a few mech characters I will keep you posted.

RF

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:25:11
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:25:11