Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / 4 Butter Fingers Game(If he wants it):

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 07:36 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2006 08:09
Butter,
I know you said you were nervous and that game thats on the showcase was your first effort. Well to kinda give you a little "attaboy", I constructed a splash for your game msince you said you hadn't had time yet. I know you asked people not to steel your media and of course I didn't, but I did make a high poly version of your character for this.

I've got the psd files or the models or anything you want from this(butter fingers only guys...I'm not given his crap away so don't ask). This goes on the assumption you even want it.

It took 2.5 hours to render so don't ask me to do it again(hehe). Of course its 1024x768. Let me know if you want anything else.

And great effort on your first demo. Many more. Right click>view image>save as.

Bloodeath 6 6 6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 07:52
Wowzers i love it

www.Disorder-Creations.com
JohannesM
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 07:55
looks real nice!

www.mortarstudios.tk and www.freewebs.com/supahsfpscstuff
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 09:41
Very nice! I think he'll appreciate it greatly. You rock Locrian!

RichMan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 09:49
This is Amazing WOW.

'Making safer worlds through superior firepower' - UAC
Lunarwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
*claps*

Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 14:20
That looks great!
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 16:30
interesting!

did you use the scanline renderer for this?

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 16:45 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2006 17:00
Firefly(coincidense it's named like the game huh...heh)...it's not rendered in Max. I wasn't sure how to do the volume lighting trick in Max(yet to have a need for it) and didn't feel like reading up on it. The volume lighting had to be done to go with his game...Raytracing has to be on for the atmosphere though so I guess you couldnt consider this "scanline".
s4real
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work Locrian im sure he'll appreciate it.
Jon Fletcher
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 19:26
oh right, volume lighting in max is pretty damn easy, its just sometimes easily overdone, around the lighting parameters, there should be a tab named advanced effects, choose add, then volume light, then setup, play around with the settings and decrease the multiplier.

its just that the volume looks familiar to max's, but overall great job, i'll have to check out firefly.

Butter fingers
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 20:46
Wow, what can I say man? It looks incredible.

I don't wanna sound like a goon (i was gonna say gay, but I didn't know if that would be considered offensive by the new rules), but I'm really touched that you did that for me!

I'm definately gonna use it in the game.

I actually have a high poly version of the marine myself, but that version looks like it might me more friendly to animate.

I'm interested. Did you modify my model, or make your own? and what about the texture?!

If you don't mind sharing the components of your hard work, I'd love the psd of the splash screen (I might re-do the logo, as I'm going for consistency with that), and if you have the model in OBJ and don't mind sharing, then I'd love a look at that.

Thanks again man. Feeling real community spirit. You legend!

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 22:14 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2006 22:21
I'll get you a zip together over the next day with all the sets pieces and the guy. I'll send it in .obj for ya to the email listed under your post. I figured you may wanna change the logo so ofcourse I kept the psd. It'll all get sent.

The model isn't yours. Its a P5 male with serious belly strching in some casual stock clothes that I made a mask for in max. Guns some freebie from Rederosity forums. The textures are the stock ones on the body but with an overlay I eyedroperred from a screen shot I took wile in your game. I see now that I forgot to put his pockets on the texture map but it still looks close enough to know what it is. The mask is a combination of a green canvas I found and some metal textures I have in my texture bank and no longer know where I got um. The hose was a croped hose image from google. Lol, sorry to say the glow on the green glass of his lens' is done in post work.

Give me a day though and I'll get you all the files and the set in a zip.....we'll do ya up. This is the image I worked from.

(Funny, he wouldnt stay still for a picture till I shot him a few times...some people have to be difficult)
Jonno
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "(Funny, he wouldnt stay still for a picture till I shot him a few times...some people have to be difficult)"

Looks very nice...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 08:23:21
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 08:23:21