Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 18:53
I have just spent the whole day the WHOLE DAY! making a enemy for my game in milk shape making it was easy but it was animating it that was the hard part but I did it I attached the model to a fpsc skeleton I found on the forum so after hours of work I was ready to put it in game and when I did what did I see he was floating in mid air it seems that some how all the animation have got mucked up has anyone else come across this problem can anyone help me or have I just spent the day in vain

The world is complicated only people are simple
Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 18:56
I think if this was your first character, you should not have animated him. I think you should of rigged him with fpsc defualt animations. i have no experience with this, but from what i've read. i hear thius is easier.

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 19:01
No that’s what I mean I spent ages attaching him to the fpsc skeleton meaning it would have the fpsc animations other wise it would have no animation but thanks for the speedy response

Zaibatsu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 19:03
Quote: "but it was animating it that was the hard part"

when you said that, i assumed you custom animated him...

Aliens are real! you all laugh at me now and think I'm crazy! but when I post a video of me with an alien, you will all be sorry!!!
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 19:17
easy mistake to make I was kind of writing angrily and not paying much attention to what I was writing you see I use this awful damp cramp internet cafe and as soon as I found out that all my effort had gone to pot I legged it down there to get an answer as soon as possible but thank for the help

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 19:22
I hate to rush everyone but my time at the cafe has allmost run out I need some help here

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 19:29
oh dear only 6 minuets left and no one going to answer in that time what a wasted day.......sigh

Locrian
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 19:54
I'm sorry to hear your times so limited online. Perhaps by tomarrow some of the Milkshape gods can bestow their knowledge upon you. Good luck. Thats gotta be a pain running to an internet source when you need help.

Keith you thought dial up was bad....live that guys pain a second.
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 20:39 Edited at: 23rd Aug 2006 20:39
you need to use the jt exporter not the crap regular .x exporter. these are the settings to use.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2006 23:25
What I do when I make animated models using Milkshape is I save them as Milkshape files then I use Ultimate Unwrap 3D to convert them to .x files after I get through texturing them.
I have had issues with the Milkshape .x exporter when the models are animated.They have done some crazy things.
You might check out Fragmotion too.
I would hate to have my time on the net limited...it would feel like the days before the internet when you would use Compuserve and you could only be online for so many minutes.

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2006 18:01
Thanks everyone I solved that problem only to make two more. The problem was that when I exported it I sore a little box on the exporter that said frames between animations and it had written next to it was try 150 frames for direct x or 1 frames for some thing else (I should have been paying more attention) well I typed in 150 and forgot about it was only when I was walking home in the poring rain that I remembered it and I exported it again and now it works but as for the new problems they are that he holds the gun backwards and he just won't unwrap I ran him though lith unwrap and unwrapped him but when I put him in game the texture aren’t on him like they should there just painted the map on his chest....sigh well that’s just another problem for another time I guess anyway thanks a ton for all the support and help I really appreciate it

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 16:25
Right don't go away just yet guys I still need your help this model just won't unwrap and if anyone ANYONE knows why his gun is backwards then speak up now here’s a picture showing both

Attachments

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 16:28
And it turns out if you shot him or knock him over he land in mid air help me

Attachments

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2006 18:26
no ones going to look at this again are thay?.
Oh well everyone was very usefull I will try the other exporter sugested by Disturbing 13 and thanks everyone

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 18:29
Mister Disturbing 13 I tried the exporter on the setting you recommended and look what happened NO head and no back pack
Looks like it only imported the original fpsc model and none of the milkshape bits dam

Attachments

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 19:17 Edited at: 31st Aug 2006 19:21
Well you did something wrong when attching the model to the skeleton, such as not assigning the head or backpack to bones. If you don't do so, then the parts literally drop off. Also if you are useing milkshape, then just use milkshape to texture it. This useing one program for one thing and lithunwrap to texture is a bit odd. Keep consistantance with the program being used and you are less likely to screw up. Milkshape has an excellent textureing function built right into it. The normal .x export really does not work for FPSC, You pretty much HAVE to use the JT exporter to get the correct result. Uman and I have gone over privately discussing milkshape and what works and what doesn't and have provided all information (including the picture of the settings) to just about everybody who needs it. It's the methods we use and they have proven to work. So don't be so quick to brush away user error.

uman
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2006 21:18
I am no expert on rigging - thats Disturbing 13's area of expertise.

I can say though that Milkshapes JT exporter is excellent and outputs correctly for use in FPSC - if there are errors then they are in the file itself - not Milkshapes JT exporter.

As to the texturing Milkshape should import a deault FPSC character model with skin correctly applied and export it with the same credibility. Together with Fragmotion these two programs should be enough to achieve whats needed - what one dont do the other will.

With user created models it may be a different matter as how well they work and how well a skin texture is applied depends upon how and in which program the original model is created and the mapping info is generataed

Creating, rigging, animating and skinning character models completely from scrtch can be fraught with difficulty and problems. I dont think I could do one in a day - more like a month for me and then it would probably look like a road kill.

I have great respect for those that do so. Take my hat off to you I do.

I have enough problems taking a default FPSC character and amending it - not sure which is the easiest or hardest method - all seems very much like hard work to me until you spend the time to master all the disciplines.

"I am and forever will be your friend"
small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 16:43
thanks again for answering but I cant respond. You see I haven’t read you posts yet my time in the cafe is running out (again) so I am saving this tread to my memory stick and I will read this at home I will post an answer in the morning

GIR UNIT
User Banned
Posted: 5th Sep 2006 21:11 Edited at: 5th Sep 2006 21:13
what the look at the screenie to see errors

TACOS OWN SO TO CANNONS

Attachments

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 17:09 Edited at: 6th Sep 2006 18:47
Well thank you for pointing out the obvious no wait a minute WHATS UP WITH HIS HAND!! I missed that maybe I did not assigned that part of the model to the skeleton properly...I’m sorry if what I just said sounds offensive mr hacker but I have already asked about the gun and the textures and the animation there no need to point them out but thank for trying to help

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2006 17:36
I did not know you could use the textures made in milkshape in fpsc
dose milkshape have a tga exporter? I just assumed milkshape only made fpsc compatible models so I never looked in to texturing tuts does that mean that the textures automatically wrap around the model so I would not have to use lith? as for frag motion I have just down loaded a demo and some tuts so I will give it a go

GIR UNIT
User Banned
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 08:12
srry can't help u there im bad when it come to charecters

Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2006 11:04
Quote: "I did not know you could use the textures made in milkshape in fpsc"

you cannot make texturs in milkshape. you can texture or skin or wrap a texture onto a model

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2006 16:38
Oh that makes more sense

small fish
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2006 18:34
now wait a minute I cant seem to find a tga exporter is it a plug in?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 12:40:52
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 12:40:52